Ogre user meeting in Munich/Germany at 2.7.07

A place to plan OGRE-related meetings and events.
Moe
Gnoblar

Ogre user meeting in Munich/Germany at 2.7.07

Post by Moe »

Hi,

we are some hobby computer game developpers from Munich/Germany, who meet from time to time. As the most of us are using Ogre as graphic engine, we thought, that some guys here might be interested to come.
We will meet again this monday (2.7.07) at 16.00 or 17.00 in the SFCC at Odeonsplatz.
If you want to join us, feel free to come. Just look for some guys with laptops ;). For more information, you can send me an e-mail (German and English are okay) or post here.

What games are we working on? There are two with an own homepage: Iris2 ( http://www.iris2.de ), a Ultima Online client, and Diccuric ( http://www.diccuric.org - only the German page is up-to-date, I am sorry about that), a role playing game.

ciao
Moe (one of the Diccuric developpers)
Trosan
Greenskin

Post by Trosan »

That looks cool. Hadn't heard about Diccuric yet. Will try out soon.

Just one question: Is Ragnarok Entertainment also the "company" behind Iris or what do mean with that it's a game you are working on (afaik Iris2 was done by their own team or rather ppl from all over the world)?
AticAtac
Halfling

Post by AticAtac »

Great!
Didn't know that there are more Ogres in Munich area. I come from the "north of munich" (Allershausen). Unfortunatly i've to work at the time you guys wanna meet.
SiENcE
Goblin

Post by SiENcE »

Iris2 is an OpenSource (GPL) real 3D-CLient for Ultima This post is suspected as SPAM! If you feel otherwise contact a moderator. and is not developed by a company. It's done by only 4 guys from munich during thier freetime ;-). Soon we will put a thread in Showcase.

We also have a mailinglist for gamedevs in munich: http://mail.leenox.de/cgi-bin/mailman/l ... amedev-muc

@Dicurric: It's the best known Gothic Mod in Germany.

regards
Florian^SiENcE
Moe
Gnoblar

Post by Moe »

@AticAtac: Mostly, we are there until 21.00. So if you want to come later, you can try. We use our mailing list mainly to find a meeting date, so if you want to come another time, you should participate in this list :)

Ragnarok is spread all over Germany (and one person lives in Austria) and works only on Diccuric (the game), it is enough work.

And I didn't pay sience to say that ;)
mirlix
Goblin

Post by mirlix »

i join,hope some other will come too. i may be a bit late, cause i have to work
Ayudo
Halfling

Post by Ayudo »

Hey that's cool!
I am from Olching but working at Heimeranplatz ;-)
I wont be able to make it this time, but good to know there are more Ogres around Munich ;-)

My current game:
www.gravity-clash.com

Thanks for informing about this user event!
ghoulsblade
Halfling

Post by ghoulsblade »

munich is ogre-town *g*

i'm also one of the regulars at those meetings, and part of the iris2 team.
i'd like to mention a space-game project two of us (me and hagish, who is also in the iris2 team) started : http://sfz.sourceforge.net , it's also using ogre3d, (and shares lots of code with iris2), but it is still a very young project.
AticAtac wrote:Great!
Didn't know that there are more Ogres in Munich area. I come from the "north of munich" (Allershausen). Unfortunatly i've to work at the time you guys wanna meet.
hey i live in near paunzhausen, thats not too far from allershausen, the world is so small :D
AticAtac
Halfling

Post by AticAtac »

Near Paunzhausen ?
I live in Paunzhausen ;-)
Could you write a bit about the last meeting ? What you guys discuss, show, etc.
I will try to be on next meeting.
ghoulsblade
Halfling

Post by ghoulsblade »

AticAtac wrote:Near Paunzhausen ?
I live in Paunzhausen ;-)
i'm in walterskirchen, so we're almost neighbors =)
is there any project you are currently working on ?
AticAtac wrote: Could you write a bit about the last meeting ? What you guys discuss, show, etc.
I will try to be on next meeting.
we welcomed mirlix who was there for the first time, and he told us a bit about what he is working on, it also involves ogre but there was no website yet.

moe showed us a new map in the diccuric project, a port city with lots of buildings and a huge dungeon below an old church, they sure got cool artists, and the custom scenemanager they wrote displays all of it without transitions.

i showed the current version of sfz project, there isn't much fun yet, but you can fly around, shoot asteroids and two pirates, and repair your ship at a station.

we talked a bit about iris and a nasty segfault we've been searching for a while, and an upcoming merge with a code-clean branch.

there was also an interesting discussion about procedural map generation between varan and mitrix, who both also work on different projects involving something like this.

later i talked with hagish a bit about how to implement walking around inside a spaceship in sfz.

i guess that sums up the most important points i remember right now, of course there was also "offtopic" talk and chatting :)
so if anyone is interested in dropping by, please join the mailinglist :
http://mail.leenox.de/cgi-bin/mailman/l ... amedev-muc

the sooner the better, we'll probably meet again soon, but it's usually on short notice without much planning ahead, and it is only announced via the mailinglist usually.
Caphalor
Greenskin

Post by Caphalor »

Diccuric. The first gothic mod I ever played and one reason why I decided to become a modder, too. Diccuric was also one reason why I came to Ogre (I read on your homepage, that you will develop the full version of Diccuric as an own game using ogre).
I really have to thank you. :D
AticAtac
Halfling

Post by AticAtac »

@ghoulsblade
Right now i am just "fooling" around with Ogre and Navi to implement an idea i had about an online game (no MMORPG !). Originally i wanted to do it as a java-based browser game and after i saw Navi i switched to Ogre+Navi.
ghoulsblade
Halfling

Post by ghoulsblade »

AticAtac wrote: (no MMORPG !)
good, you scared me for a second ;)
AticAtac wrote:after i saw Navi i switched to Ogre+Navi.
i haven't heard of navi, do you have a link for me, please ? searching for the name in wikipedia and google didn't produce good results (too many other hits)
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

ghoulsblade
Halfling

Post by ghoulsblade »

thx =) that was quick .
it didn't sound like an ogre lib, so i forgot to search here, sorry... . html based gui system is good, i'll probably have a closer look later.
SiENcE
Goblin

Post by SiENcE »

Now we have an Events&Meetings Forum :).

Thx sinbad.