FMX/09 : Stuttgart, Germany, May 5th-9th

A place to plan OGRE-related meetings and events.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

FMX/09 : Stuttgart, Germany, May 5th-9th

Post by sinbad »

I've just agreed to speak at FMX/09 this year, giving an overview of Ogre and showcasing a few things from the community.

1) Anyone else going? You probably won't learn a lot since this is very much aimed at people who haven't used Ogre yet, but nevertheless a few friendly faces are welcome ;)

2) I have a few ideas of community projects I'd like to talk about, but if you have something cool that you'd like me to include in the talk, let me know.
zissakos
Gnoblar

Re: FMX/09 : Stuttgart, Germany, May 5th-9th

Post by zissakos »

Hi sinbad,

that's great!!!

Since I live in Stuttgart, I would like come to your speech, but I just checked the ticket prices, and wow!! 100+ Euro (or even 50 Euro for students) for a 1-hour speech? Ouch!!!

Anyone else from Stuttgart around here?
aguru
Goblin

Post by aguru »

I've been thinking about going this year, too. But the ticket is indeed a bit expensive for a poor student.
Maybe we can find 10 people and get a group ticket, zissakos? I need two tickets.

Anyway. Great to see you spreading the work, sindbad :)
SomeFusion
Gremlin

Post by SomeFusion »

I would love to go there. But 100€ is to waaaay to heavy.
Summoning Wars is an open source role-playing game, featuring both a single-player and a multiplayer mode for about 2 to 8 players.
http://www.sumwars.org
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Well, I don't have any control over the conference ticket prices, but bear in mind that is for a whole day, not just my 1 hour slot! Compared to Siggraph or most other conferences, 50/100 Euro is quite cheap.

But in any case, I'll be in the city for a few days, so if the conference is a bit much for you I'm happy to meet up with Ogre users in the periphery to generally say hi over lunch / beer.
dobermunk
Gnoblar

Post by dobermunk »

Hi Sinbad,
looking forward to meeting you in Stuttgart!
I'm presenting aQtree (non-photorealistic rendering) on Friday... Stefan's built it on a framework application using ogre.

Are you guys in Stuttgart? University or freelancing? any cooperations with Uni Stuttgart? Are you developing apps? Perhaps you are cooperation candidates for the research & development group at the Filmakademie? (Give me some aspects to cook up into something ticket-worthy...)
I'll ask around here as well and see what's possible.

edit: beer! Count me in!
dobermunk
Gnoblar

Post by dobermunk »

Occurred to me that it would be helpful to plug my talk!
http://fmx.de/E.2234.html

Friday line-up is very interesting for anyone interested in ogre.

Artistic Efficiency via Technical Innovation: A Research Report
At 12:00 Thomas, Stefan and I show aQtree. Stefan will go into an open source framework application (frapper) that the institut is developing. Its quite powerful and may be useful for ogre community

Agent Framework: Character-Centric Application Prototyping & Facial Animation Toolset 2.0
14:00 Volker, Nils and Simon show some fairly unique approaches to facial controls - realtime agents using the ogre engine, again via our framework app.

And because I couldn't even blame you should you opt for Viktor Antonov's talk instead, drop by our booth in the expo section to hook up.
Here's the full Friday line-up: http://fmx.de/E.214.html
dobermunk
Gnoblar

Post by dobermunk »

Just wanted to drop in here and say:
Meeting Steve at FMX was fantastic! The whole team is freshly inspired and looking forward to sharing what we've been working on in the next months.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Thanks David! It was great meeting you & the rest of the team at Filmakademie, and seeing all the great stuff you're working on. I can't wait to see the reaction from the community when you reveal what you've been working on to a wider audience!