Qt Developer Days 2009 - sinbad speaking

A place to plan OGRE-related meetings and events.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Qt Developer Days 2009 - sinbad speaking

Post by sinbad »

I'd just like to let people know that I'm planning on attending the Munich Qt Developer Days 2009 and will be speaking in a 30-minute slot about how open source can be used on commercial projects, and how specifically a couple of my customers have used Ogre and Qt to create some very interesting applications.

The official information on the conferences is given below, if you're planning on going, look me up. :)

Qt Developer Days 2009

Locations and dates:
Munich, Germany - October 12th to 14th

Whether you're new to Qt, or have been coding with Qt for years, the 6th annual Qt Developer Days will inform, engage (and in some cases even entertain) you. Qt Developer Days will give you a head start in using the future standard for cross-platform mobile development and a thriving ecosystem. Offering more than 20 sessions and seminars coupled with expert Qt advice, demos and hands-on labs, Qt Developer Days features innovative product training, technical presentations and workshops on topics of interest to Qt users. Presented by Qt experts and insiders, the technical sessions are split into four levels, together providing a diverse agenda that covers many topics related to Qt development. This year, there is a full program for mobile/embedded developers including the introduction of development for the Symbian Platform using Qt.

Be sure to register before September in time for the early bird promotion and save 200 Euros/200 Dollars!

More information is at http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009/

What’s Qt you ask? Qt is a cross-platform application and UI framework which enables you to create a better user experience. Using Qt, you can write applications once and deploy them across desktop, mobile and embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code. Qt has an intuitive C++ class library and includes integrated development tools with a cross-platform IDE. Visit the Qt website for more details: http://qt.nokia.com.
milliams
Gremlin

Re: Qt Developer Days 2009 - sinbad speaking

Post by milliams »

Awesome. I think OGRE and Qt can make an excellent combo. I noticed, though, that on http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009/qt-in-use-sessions you're listed as OGR rather than OGRE.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Thanks, I'll get them to fix that.
Xplodwild
Goblin

Post by Xplodwild »

Does the conference will be filmed ? Since I can't get there, I'd like to see that :p
milliams
Gremlin

Post by milliams »

I believe that even if it is filmed, it will not be made publicly available. I don't think I've seen any videos from any previous Developer Days (except specials like the Pimp My Widget contest).
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Just an update - I'm now only going to the Munich event, not the San Francisco one - it was just too awkward / expensive to get out to SF for a short period from here so I'm just doing the European version.
FrameFever
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by FrameFever »

I will be there, would be nice to talk to you.
Will you be there only on wednesday?
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I'm there from Monday evening to Wednesday evening - my talk is on Tuesday, see me after that if you like and we can grab a drink :)
drummingpariah
Kobold

Post by drummingpariah »

I'd love to see this, but I don't have the $500 to spare. I should be in the area though, so let me know if you'd like to grab drinks in the City!
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

@drummingpariah:
sinbad wrote:Just an update - I'm now only going to the Munich event, not the San Francisco one - it was just too awkward / expensive to get out to SF for a short period from here so I'm just doing the European version.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I'm back, it went well, met some nice people. There's the possibility of us & Qt/Nokia doing some joint events cross-promoting Ogre and Qt in the future, I think that could work out quite well.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Brittany25 wrote:HI I'd just like to let people know that I'm planning on attending both of the Qt Developer Days 2009
But you know, that the event in Munich is already over, right? Sure you ain't just spamming here ;) ?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

I am pretty sure *she* was spamming.. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

And *boum* another spammer gone :) . Pity Brittney :P .
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...