Ogre Talk in Grenoble

A place to plan OGRE-related meetings and events.
tuan kuranes
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Ogre Talk in Grenoble

Post by tuan kuranes »

Thu 11 Nov, I will be speaking (in French), presenting Ogre to the local linux user group, but it's open to everyone.
It will be fairly basic, altought its duration can go up to 1 hour and a half.
All information here :

http://www.guilde.asso.fr/rencontres/20091112/
(it's free.)
Fulmens
Gremlin

Re: Ogre Conference in Grenoble

Post by Fulmens »

tuan kuranes wrote:Thu 11 Nov
Little typo :)
Well, I would have come if I didn't choose to stay in Nantes rather than coming in Grenoble when I had the choice.
And it would have been great to have such a conference in the Libre Software Meeting that was held in Nantes a few month ago.
Any chance to have a video online after the conference ? :)
tuan kuranes
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by tuan kuranes »

It's the 12 november, thanks !
And it would have been great to have such a conference in the Libre Software Meeting that was held in Nantes a few month ago.
If this one is a success, I'll try to propose that.

Still, I have the feeling that a second conference on 3D performance alone might be a good thing as well, from the first comments I have on my future talk ( http://linuxfr.org/2009/11/08/26130.html )
Any chance to have a video online after the conference ?
I'll have a try for the video, not sure about sound, as I don't have any mic, and camera may be too far... we'll see.
Fulmens
Gremlin

Post by Fulmens »

In this year's LSM there were a presentation of Raydium, another rendering engine, but it is definitely not intended for the same public than Ogre. 2010 LSM will be held in Bordeaux, and it would be great to exchange with others Ogre users IRL.
Still, I have the feeling that a second conference on 3D performance alone might be a good thing as well, from the first comments I have on my future talk ( http://linuxfr.org/2009/11/08/26130.html )
I think it would be great too, but does it really fit in a LSM ? It's way more general than OSS. Or changing the subject to "3D rendering performance using OSS Ogre3D" ? But as you really said, the better way to understand performance problems is reading lots of papers. This could be the conclusion of such conference :lol:
tuan kuranes
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by tuan kuranes »

2010 LSM will be held in Bordeaux, and it would be great to exchange with others Ogre users IRL.
I'll try to make it this year. (Ogre becoming MIT instead of LGPL might be a problem there for a talk...)
This could be the conclusion of such conference
Good Idea, I'll work on adding that ;)