IGDA upstate NY effort :: New Chapter intiative

A place to plan OGRE-related meetings and events.
Eric B
Gnoblar

IGDA upstate NY effort :: New Chapter intiative

Post by Eric B »

Hello everyone!
My name is Eric, I have been working in game development for nearly 8 years now & I am seeking out game dev. hobby'ists, students, indies, professionals, that reside in upstate NY. All skill levels are welcomed. My focus here is to start an IGDA chapter for collaboration and growth of upstate NY game developers' networking and prosperity.

This effort will be completely focused on developer-tiers controlled by your peers.
In other words: Initial plans include events and chats that will be based upon skilled-tier levels as to keep the focus and progress of the discussions and events as best viewed by those in the groups.
In more-other words: Professional developers need not shy away, but are highly welcomed..as the students & hobby'ers will have their own events and chats.

The above separation purposes are not meant to offend anyone but rather to help the sub-group members grow their skills in proper fashion & in the best form possible. Basically, all of our efforts will be best focused to the tasks at hand if they are of mutual respect to everyone within the sub-groups. Without sub-groups of developers of differing levels, a single group (read:chaos) will only hold that group back.

If you are interested in joining this effort and getting in at the ground floor, please contact me at:
<upstatenyIGDAeffort> @ <gmail.com> (remove spaces and extra symbols)
I'm in Syracuse.

- Thank you and I look forward to talking with anyone interested.

P.S. I am posting this on several sites, but I cannot reach every site.
If you would like to indirectly join in this effort, please inform others or repost this on another site. Thank You.
Eric B
Gnoblar

Re: IGDA upstate NY effort :: New Chapter intiative

Post by Eric B »

thanks for the spam! :D

P.S. I cancelled the initiative..not enough interest.