What game are you playing now?

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Re: What game are you playing now?

Post by cybereality » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 am

Been playing Mad Max on Linux Vulkan. Game is awesome!
0 x

Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Aww, only 2 posts in here for 2017. :(

Over the last couple of weeks I've been playing Divinity Original Sin 2. I've put in 96 hours so far and I'm only level 12. :)
I like the voice acting for the animals, they actually try to make them sound at least a bit like the animal in question, rather than the hollywood style of a famous actor using their normal voice as an animal (Madagascar, etc).

I bought but haven't downloaded Dishonored 2 Death Of The Outsider yet. Too busy with Divinity.

Arktika.1 comes out tomorrow! It's a VR game by 4A Games (Metro 2033 series). I'm a massive fan of 4A Games, so this is a certain purchase for me.
[youtube]7Ml2Miskj84[/youtube]

Let's see... what else have I been playing...
I got Wizardry 8. Ancient rpg, very primitive gfx and interface, but pretty cool.

I tried playing The Surge. I got 4 hours in and gave up, it's just not fun. I really liked their previous game: Lords Of The Fallen.

I got into Dragon's Dogma (pc version) for a bit (51 hours worth). Not bad. The whole Pawn mechanic is interesting.

Also I've put many hours into Roborecall, the greatest VR game ever made. It's just insanely fun.
[youtube]g48yzSY2lgg[/youtube]
0 x

Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:16 am

I didn't get as into Arktika.1 as I thought I would. First time playing it was late at night so I didn't play for long, but there was no save progress during missions so I had to restart.
Second time I made it back to the mad robot (still first mission) but the game glitched and the robot became indestructible. I spent about 10min fighting the damn thing without the correct mechanics, then I killed the game. I haven't played it since.

One annoyance was that I had two guns, but they reload in different ways. One gun reloads by placing it near your leg. The other reloads by flicking it sideways. Luckily the flicking one also reloads if you put it by your leg, but only my right leg worked, so I couldn't have it in my left hand.

I'll come back to it, but I much prefer Roborecall.

I'm now on Wolfenstein 2.
It took over 4-5 hours to get the game. About 40min of that was downloading (it came down at 96Mb/s), the rest was steam getting confused, spending an hour trying to download at 0Kb/s while at 100% complete and unpacking (that alone was around 3 hours). Damn steam.

Great game so far.

Reading the Steam forums for Wolfenstein 2 is depressing though.

Elex is out. It's a new RPG from Piranha Bytes (Gothic series, Risen series).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTicsIK5umw
It sounds pretty good (except for crap ai). I haven't bought it yet.

Eagle Dynamics have opened preorders for the early access release of DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL.
WTF is that? Well, in less technical detail it's a flight simulator of the Harrier Jump Jet! Hell yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMc3c4JqoyM
0 x

techyguy
Gnoblar

Post by techyguy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am

I am playing some of Android match 3 games. its fun to play and best for brain.
0 x

Zonder
Gargoyle

Post by Zonder » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 am

I've been giving black desert online a go recently. I have to say the controls are whackey!! generally it seems ok only lvl 15 though so time will tell! :)
0 x
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
My Blog - http://www.This post is suspected as SPAM! If you feel otherwise contact a moderator.

Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:52 pm

I've never heard of black desert online.
*Looks at the home page*...
I can be some form of combat chef? My interest has been piqued!
0 x