Audio engine for Win & iPhone...

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi

Re: Audio engine for Win & iPhone...

Post by DanielSefton »

Well, I cheated and put the files in my project. :roll:

I wouldn't give up on cAudio though.

I had to make quite a few adjustments to OgreOggSound as well.
Zeal
Ogre Magi

Post by Zeal »

How in the crap do you copy the xcode "Build Results"? I want to let the cAudio guys know whats going on, but there are 1300+ build errors and I cant copy and paste the damn logs.

*I am worried about cAudio though, since they mentioned they use pthreads for their threading, which seems like it will be a nightmare to get working on iphone no?
warmi
Gnoll

Post by warmi »

Zeal wrote:How in the crap do you copy the xcode "Build Results"? I want to let the cAudio guys know whats going on, but there are 1300+ build errors and I cant copy and paste the damn logs.

*I am worried about cAudio though, since they mentioned they use pthreads for their threading, which seems like it will be a nightmare to get working on iphone no?
Pthreads work just fine on iphones. In fact all Apple threading APIs are just wrappers around pthreads.
Zeal
Ogre Magi

Post by Zeal »

*Got cAudio working on the simulator btw ;) I can only assume it will work on the device too (dont have one to test atm :()

Check out the post on the general forums for details..

http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55767
perarnetron
Gnoblar

Post by perarnetron »

sorry about reviving an old thread, but i thought this might still be of general interest.

some time ago, I released the Kowalski audio engine which is geared towards game developers and currently runs on the iphone/ipad, osx and windows. the engine and all related tools are released under the permissive zlib license.