What game are you playing now?

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: What game are you playing now?

Post by c6burns »

I've spilled cola on a lot of keyboards :( If you know there's no special circuitry or power sources inside the keyboard you can actually submerge the whole thing and clean it out without lifting off keys. You just have to wait a very long time to make sure it's completely dry before applying power :lol:

When I was hardcore into WoW I got a Logitech G510. I totally love it and the keys are really easy to pop off and on. Also lately I've been playing the SC2 expansion. Blizzard really did an amazing job on SC2 ... it's going to stand the test of time just like the original did.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I used to use a Logitech G15 (the original model).
Horrible cheap key feel (worse than my previous Honeywell keyboards) and the whole thing was flimsy, but I used the 18 G keys in WOW to do a ton of ability shortcuts. I used a shortcut addon that let me place 3x8 shortcuts on the left of the screen, to match the G keys (the G keys are 3x6, I added two empty rows to copy the G key gaps). But then I quit wow. :)

Time to give Landmark a quick try.
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

It agree the G510 definitely a cheaper construction and feel to keyboards that are only marginally more expensive, but I enjoyed the functionality. Especially when you get really deep into WoW, like pushing for high world ranks, and your whole setup revolves around functionality you customize for various fights ... it served me well! I'm not picky about the feel of keys at all, but I notice a lot of people are.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Hmm... Landmark.

Walking around the world looks like being in a lesser known Second Life sandbox zone. The problem with user generated content is that there's no theme consistency to buildings. The world ends up looking like a mess.

600 copper to make a copper pick axe? OUCH. You get as little as 1 copper per axe swing.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Kojack wrote:Still going in Divinity Original Sin.
The leveling is very slow and getting spells is hard (they cost a fortune and you need to find somebody who sells them). The interface for inventory / trading / crafting is a bit unfriendly.
But otherwise, best RPG I've played in ages.
Can completely second that. It is really back to the roots kinda feeling (which is why I ended up buying it, after good reviews). The interface could be optimized a bit but it works as it is with some extra clicks here and there.

Will have to increase my oil usage as it sounds ;) .
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Remember: no one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

(That's probably my mistake. I went with many chilli sauces instead)

I see that Divinity Original Sin is currently the top seller on steam. Good on them. I'm glad to see some old school rpging doing well.
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Yep, D:OS is pretty great and I hope for a long lifetime with the modding capabilities.
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

Have been playing dragons dogma recently.

The game is quite good apart from the trash mobs combat you find you just keep spamming the same move, but fighting big monsters is quite fun having to target different areas and using there weaknesses to debilitate them. Also the climbing them to attack certain areas also makes it interesting (if a blatant steal from shadows of the colossus)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

So I finished I am Alive. I actually liked it. Not a blockbuster but a cool quick game if you like survival (not horror).

I just started playing Battlefield 4. I have an AMD 280x, so I'm testing the Mantle renderer. I get about 50% better performance over Direct11, it's pretty remarkable actually. Graphics look amazing too.
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Played the first levels of Transistor. It's beautiful but laggy on my laptop ( ;__; ) and frankly the guy talking while I fight is annoying;
I also don't understand why it's so linear for this kind of game. Well, maybe the scenario is good, for now it's just ok...
The gameplay is interesting, but I'm missing control of 3/4 characters to make it far more tactical.
A game inspired of secret of mana with this combat system would be cool.

Also played a few hours of FRACT OSC, it's beautiful, a bit laggy too but ok, and I love the puzzles. However, the empty space between them and the slow moving is so boring.
Not as good as AntiChamber so far, but the sound-based orgues/puzzles are very very good.

Also, I can't get this trailer out of my head!

[youtube]Al8TlAtLu2Y[/youtube]

*dance to the beat*
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Necrodancer looks hilarious. I wish I had time to try Elder Scrolls Online. Anyone playing that?
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I'm still going at Divinity Original Sin. 70+ hours in and I'm only level 12. :)
Damn good game.
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

c6burns wrote:Necrodancer looks hilarious. I wish I had time to try Elder Scrolls Online. Anyone playing that?
I didn't play it but several friends (working in the game industry, including mmos) explained to me how shit it is.
It's basically an mmo-noob's attempt at making a game, on the design side I mean, which make it very bad and badely managed.
They also apparently proved how they lack understanding of how a mmo works in the fixes they tried.

It was at launch, so maybe they got better now, no idea.
I'm not interested at all in an Elder Scrolls where I'm not alone or only with my friends. What they should have focused on would have been something like a MineCraft server for Elder Scrolls games.
Otherwise I don't see the point.
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

Been hooked on Mario Kart 8 and League of Legends (ugh, I know) lately.

Nintendo just announced a whopping sixteen new courses as DLC upgrades for Mario Kart 8. I'm not in favor of the recent microtransaction trend but I think this sort of DLC (gigs of real content for under 10 bucks) hits the sweet spot: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... cing-game/
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

Have played sacred 3 with a friend the other day.

Only got to lvl 10 but I am not that impressed it doesn't seem to have the depth of the previous 2 and not having a open world is a big no no in my eyes. Also played on hard mode from start and in the 10 lvls there was only one challenging fight (was pretty drunk by then though)

Will play it out more though but I think it's not one I will play to the end.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I'm now 120 hours in to Divinity Original Sin.

I've also been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Normally I'm not a driving game fan. Well, apart from stuff like Saints Row and GTA. I'm also not a truck fan. But ETS2 has Oculus Rift DK2 support and I've got a force feedback steering wheel, mix them together and it's pretty addictive.

The only game I'm really looking forward to at the moment is Witcher 3. But that's 6 months away.
There's some others that might be interesting like Alien Isolation, Borderlands Presequel, Dying Light, Farcry 4, but I'm not getting my hopes up about any of them yet. Waiting for reviews.

Oh, and I only just found out from one of my students that there's a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light coming out: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. I really enjoyed Guardians of Light, way more fun than the normal Tomb Raider games. I'm glad they are making a new one (I thought they said a while ago there would never be another one).
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

Just finished the Battlefield 4 campaign.

Now I am playing Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. It's great so far.
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

I'm having trouble being motivated to start any game these days. I'm not sure why, but at least I spend far more time on my game's code.

A couple of friends are playing the last Divinity in lan together, it seems cool indeed. I'm waiting for such kind of game but with non-human-based world to be amazed though.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I've been playing State Of Decay Lifeline and Breakdown.
I want to like Lifeline, the ability to call in supplies and not being low on ammo all the time is fun. But the sieges are annoying. The first couple are fine, but once they start chucking multiple ferals and juggernauts at you, and nobody on the base can fix a gate except the player, it's less fun. Plus it crashes a lot (compared to the normal game and Breakdown) including a blue screen.

While I like State Of Decay, I wish there was more control over other characters. Like being able to tell a companion to collect loot, or tell someone running home on foot to get in your car. I watched a guy who finished a mission with me in Lifeline try to run home on his own, he ran through three bloaters in a row and almost died, except I kept saving him. Being able to give orders from the map screen (telling people which houses to loot, to go collect a car, etc) would be great.
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

I started playing Ridge Racer Unbounded. It's really hard, but tons of fun (nice soundtrack too).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaacer!!!!!!
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

I started playing electric guitar last week.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

A hybrid of Minecraft, Transport Tycoon and an RTS (and Spacechem, according to some).

[youtube]9yDZM0diiYc[/youtube]

Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Hu, that looks interesting!
It might be used as a good example for programming too.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

That looks great indeed. Will definitely give it a try.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I played the demo. It's a 2d flat world with various resources on the surface (copper, iron, trees, rocks, etc). You have a crafting system that can make tools (pick axes, guns, buildings, etc). You run around on foot mining resources with a pickaxe, until you have enough to build machines to do the mining for you. Early machines use coal as fuel (which has to be mined too of course), but you can build electric machines later, which need power lines.