Memories lol

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Memories lol

Post by Zonder »

I was working on a MMORPG called "Dominus Online" in 2000-2002 (team had a big split) and that was the last game I worked on but I can't belive there is still crappy dev shots around of it still :S (GeForce 2 hardware here only) this was pure DX made stuff

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... isplay/772

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... isplay/766
Last edited by Zonder on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
shadowfeign
Goblin

Re: Memories lol

Post by shadowfeign »

I still have some of my models from dominus. I wish I had some of the textures other people made though, like the dragonfly creature. Those screenshots must be some of the last ones though aren't they? The company is listed digital melt studios, which I think was only used in the last few months if I remember correctly.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

I moved the topic to offtopic - in the showcase forum are only ogre related projects inside.
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

Well I came on board and overhalled the whole engine which gave them screenshots. It was always under digital melt but not known that well.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
shadowfeign
Goblin

Post by shadowfeign »

It was certainly an interesting experience working on with dominus, but the cell games were the biggest challenge though. trying to fit an entire game with 30+ levels with a limit of 64kb for code and art and levels was fun. I would say if anyone around here needs to work within similar constraints, let me know and I can help, but I doubt that is very likely these days.