Fan Sandwich Configuration

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
insider
Orc

Fan Sandwich Configuration

Post by insider »

The temperature of my GTX 560Ti has risen by almost 15 Degrees after I upgraded from two 20 inch monitors to a 20 inch + a Full HD 24 inch monitor.
My Cabinet has the facility of having a side fan which is currently a Cooler Master Sniper 200 mm fan at 700 RPM .
I think I need additional cooling and the fastest fan I could come across in my IT shop was the Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED Red 200mm Case Fan at 900 RPM.
Would upgrading from my CM Sniper fan to a Bitfenix provide any satisfactory cooling, I know it won't be more than a few degrees but that should suffice (My GPU is currently at 50 Degree Celsius in idle, it used to be at 35 with my previous config of two 20 inch monitors).
Or has anyone tried a sandwich configuration of 2 200mm fans stuck to each other || to provide more cooling, would it help or would the air inside the cabinet be well diffused :lol:
Or is 50 Degree idle temperature not a big issue for a 560Ti ?
Any advise would be great, they take 20 days to process warranty on GPU's here so I don't want to take the risk of damaging my card due to a slight heating issue. :)
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Re: Fan Sandwich Configuration

Post by Zonder »

Ensure your GPU has sufficient ventilation at the back of the case e.g. no wires blocking then vent I've done that one before pushing case back :)

50 isn't dangerous the maximum is prob 90ish whats the temp get to under a game load if 70 I wouldn't worry too much.

sandwiching 2 fans is possible though make sure you get them the right way round venting out :) Also ensure your front fans are pushing air into the case not out and back is pushing out.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...