Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL_d (Linux Debian) Topic is solved

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Stauricus
Kobold

Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL_d (Linux Debian)

Post by Stauricus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:31 pm

hello everybody

i'm unable to run a simple OGRE program. i'm using Debian Testing and installed OGRE 1.9 from apt-get. i get the following error:
Loading library RenderSystem_GL_d
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::InternalErrorException'
what(): OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL_d. System Error: RenderSystem_GL_d.so.1.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in DynLib::load at /build/ogre-1.9-3EFEDQ/ogre-1.9-1.9.0+dfsg1/OgreMain/src/OgreDynLib.cpp (line 109)
Aborted
however, if i search this file, it apparently doesn't exists anywhere. if i run in the terminal find / -iname "*RenderSystem_GL_d*" , it returns nothing. :(

this is the code:

Code: Select all

#include <OGRE/OgreRoot.h>
#include <OGRE/OgreRenderWindow.h>
#include <OGRE/OgreWindowEventUtilities.h>

int main{
    // the root
	Ogre::Root *root = new Ogre::Root("", "");

// load the rendersystem
    	root->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL_d");
	root->setRenderSystem(*(root->getAvailableRenderers().begin()));
	root->initialise(false);

// the window
	Ogre::RenderWindow *window = root->createRenderWindow("Hello World!", 800, 600, false);
	window->setActive(true);
	window->setAutoUpdated(true);
	window->setDeactivateOnFocusChange(false);

Ogre::SceneManager *sceneMgr = root->createSceneManager(Ogre::ST_GENERIC);

// viewport and camera
	Ogre::Camera *camera = sceneMgr->createCamera("cam");
	Ogre::Viewport *viewport = window->addViewport(camera);
	viewport->setClearEveryFrame(true);
	// TODO: set-up your camera

// TODO: set-up your resources

// TODO: set-up your lighting

// TODO: create your objects

// main loop
	while (true)
	{
		// TODO: do your game logic here

Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::messagePump();

if (!root->renderOneFrame())
			break;
	}

// clean up
	delete root;
	return 0;
}
any help is appreciated. thanks in advance :)
0 x

Stauricus
Kobold

Re: Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL_d (Linux Debian)

Post by Stauricus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 am

ok, i solved it.

form some reason, root->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL_d"); tries to point to "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.9.0/RenderSystem_GL.d.so.1.9.0", which doesn't exists. so i changed the line to

root->loadPlugin("/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.9.0/RenderSystem_GL.so.1.9.0");
and now it's working. i didn't found any of the debug files, tough. i don't know if that's right :?
0 x

Ybalrid
Kobold

Re: Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL_d (Linux Debian)

Post by Ybalrid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Stauricus wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 am
ok, i solved it.

form some reason, root->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL_d"); tries to point to "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.9.0/RenderSystem_GL.d.so.1.9.0", which doesn't exists. so i changed the line to

root->loadPlugin("/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.9.0/RenderSystem_GL.so.1.9.0");
and now it's working. i didn't found any of the debug files, tough. i don't know if that's right :?
Well, hard-coding the path to the library is not really "fixing" anything. Your code will only work on your computer.

The _d version of the libraries are the "debug" version of them, intended to be used in debug builds (compiled with -d if you are calling g++ by hand, or with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug when configuring the cmake build)

I have a few pointer, depending on your Ogre installation, so that I can help you properly solve the problem :

Have you built and installed Ogre by hand, or did you install it via your package manager on Debian?

:arrow: If you have built it yourself, did you forgot to build and install a "debug" version of the lib? (create another folder, set the build type variable to "Debug" and do the same you did, this will create all the "_d" versions of the libraries)

:arrow: If you have installed it via your package manager, check of the availability of a "-debug" or "-dbg" package that would contains the debug libraries for Ogre (looks like in the Debian case it is called libogre-1.9.0v5-dbg) If you forgot to install this one, that's probably why you can't find the library with the "_d" appended to it's name on your file system ;-)

I hope this helps :-)
0 x