RenderSystem_GL_d.dll Access Violation

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Ogrehelpmepls
Gnoblar

RenderSystem_GL_d.dll Access Violation

Post by Ogrehelpmepls »

Ogre Version: No Idea. Most recent? :?:
Operating System: Win 10 64bit :?:
Render System: DirX 11 :?:

Code: Select all

Ogre.log (optional)
I don't know what happened. I'm only using ogre for some class related to it but even the teacher can't figure this out. I had a working ogre build for the longest time and made a game for a project but I think I tampered with something in visual studios and now when ever I try to run ogre for my code or any code I get this error.

The code works as on other computers it runs fine and some of it is even the professors work.

I've looked up this issue so yes my .Dlls are in the right place my libraries are seemingly correct too at the teachers glance. I believe the problem is visual studios itself with a setting or something.

I've tried reinstalling fresh multiple times it always fails please help I can't do my projects while this is broken
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: RenderSystem_GL_d.dll Access Violation

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi!

Please show us the callstack or else we can't help you. Make sure Show External Code is enabled so we can see the whole callstack
Ogrehelpmepls
Gnoblar

Post by Ogrehelpmepls »

dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

The call stack lacks any debugging info.

Which could mean:
  • The PDBs were missing, make sure they're in the same folder as the DLL
  • The VS version is not the one the SDK was compiled for (you'll need to build it yourself, or see if there's a newer version available for your VS version)
  • Some other missmatch. I'd recommend building Ogre yourself and the problem may go away or at least show us more useful data on what's wrong
Ogrehelpmepls
Gnoblar

Post by Ogrehelpmepls »

dark_sylinc wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:18 am The call stack lacks any debugging info.

Which could mean:
  • The PDBs were missing, make sure they're in the same folder as the DLL
  • The VS version is not the one the SDK was compiled for (you'll need to build it yourself, or see if there's a newer version available for your VS version)
  • Some other missmatch. I'd recommend building Ogre yourself and the problem may go away or at least show us more useful data on what's wrong
Hi,
I'm kinda new to troubleshooting but I'll provide any more information that is needed. The software worked before and I reinstalled and rebuilt it multiple times with no change but followed the same method that worked originally (Have a recording of the instructions) as for the mismatch that also seems unlikely. I haven't updated VS in any way but I do suspect VS is the culprit in some way... The DLLs are all where they are meant to be and the PDBs if any are also correct apparently.

What may I provide for more information?
rpgplayerrobin
Gnoll

Post by rpgplayerrobin »

and the PDBs if any are also correct apparently
I somehow doubt that.
If they were in the right place and you have the exact same VS version of the built SDK as your own project, you should have correct debug information.
In my debug .exe directory I have placed ALL .pdb files from the OgreSDK. That way I get debug information even when stuff crashes inside the core of Ogre, which is exactly what you need to understand your issue.

Delete all your .pdb files AND .dll files from your project and then copy them from the OgreSDK again.
Then do this in VS for your project:
Build -> Clean Solution
Build -> Rebuild Solution

Then make sure the .pdb files are still present in your debug .exe directory and then start the program in debug in VS and see if it works.