Ogre 1.0.5 & CEGUI 0.4 ?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
M&M
Kobold

Ogre 1.0.5 & CEGUI 0.4 ?

Post by M&M »

I've been trying to update my project for several days now to no avail. my main problem is to get CEGUI working properly. The ogre source has a few CEGUI header files which seem to collide with those in the CEGUI source. So which versions should I use ? the ogre ones ? or the CEGUI ones ?
Which CEGUIBase.dll & .lib should i use ? the CEGUI ones or the Ogre samples ones ?

I tried several times but the project would either give linker errors at building, or build properly but give procedural entry errors with CEGUIbase.dll at runtime.

As it stands, i'm currently using ogre v1.0.2 & cegui 0.2.x

Any advices ?
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

cegui 0.4 works without problems together with ogre 1.0.5.
Compile cegui 0.4. Replace all cegui files in the ogre dependencies. Recompile Ogre. Done.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

We won't be officially distributing any CEGui version above 0.3.x until Dagon, since it requires a change for people who have written a custom 'look'. But you're entirely free to upgrade yourself if you want, we just don't want to force people who are using the precompiled SDK version.
M&M
Kobold

Post by M&M »

Compile cegui 0.4. Replace all cegui files in the ogre dependencies. Recompile Ogre. Done.
alright i'll try that, i've been getting a few linker errors though but i'm sure i forgot to do something.
We won't be officially distributing any CEGui version above 0.3.x until Dagon
any estimates on when dagon will be here?
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

An additional note: the ogre dependency of cegui is built without xerces. cegui default is to build with xerces. So if you use xerces you have to supply it too and change the OgreGuiRenderer project accordingly. Better just configure cegui to use its built-in tinyxml then no additional steps are necessary.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
M&M
Kobold

Post by M&M »

well, I'm gonna try updating to dagon instead. But should I replace the CEGUI headers in dagon with CEGUI 0.4 or is there no point in that ?

also, if I do have to replace them, how do I go about doing this. From what i've seen the xerces area is just commented out. There is no tinyxml configuration
Better just configure cegui to use its built-in tinyxml then no additional steps are necessary.
M&M
Kobold

Post by M&M »

well, i tried and for some wierd reason I keep getting these 3 linking errors.

Code: Select all

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall CEGUI::System::System(class CEGUI::Renderer *,unsigned char const *)" (__imp_??0System@CEGUI@@QAE@PAVRenderer@1@PBE@Z)

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual class CEGUI::RefPtr<class CEGUI::Event::ConnectionInterface> __thiscall CEGUI::EventSet::subscribeScriptedEvent(class CEGUI::String const &,class CEGUI::String const &)" (__imp_?subscribeScriptedEvent@EventSet@CEGUI@@UAE?AV?$RefPtr@VConnectionInterface@Event@CEGUI@@@2@ABVString@2@0@Z)

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual class CEGUI::RefPtr<class CEGUI::Event::ConnectionInterface> __thiscall CEGUI::EventSet::subscribeScriptedEvent(class CEGUI::String const &,int,class CEGUI::String const &)" (__imp_?subscribeScriptedEvent@EventSet@CEGUI@@UAE?AV?$RefPtr@VConnectionInterface@Event@CEGUI@@@2@ABVString@2@H0@Z)
C
All i did was take OgreMain Includes from the cvs version and replaced them with my own. Then added the CEGUI includes that were in the cvs version as well as the OgreCEGUIrenderer. Then all the .libs and .dlls in thier corresponding position.

But I keep getting these 3 errors no matter what version of ogre or CEGUI i'm using. Any ideas ?