Crash after Ogre3D Configuration

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
_Codepard_
Gnoblar

Crash after Ogre3D Configuration

Post by _Codepard_ »

Hello there,

I moved from Visual C++ Express Edition to Code::Blocks for financial issues. :P haha

I got around getting the basic/standaard application compiled and running. Altough after I choose OpenGL or DirectX it crashes.

Screenshot before hitting OK.

Screenshot after hitting OK, either DX or OGL:

And it closes with:

Code: Select all

Process returned 255 <0xFF> execution time: 342.449 s
So apperantly it gets stuck at OIS, I believe I linked it all correctly, otherwise it wouldn't compile in the first place. Maybe some dll's?

Thank you,

Leo :)
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Re: Crash after Ogre3D Configuration

Post by johnhpus »

Does this same code function properly when compiled in Visual Studio? If not, it could simply be an error in your code.
LiMuBei
Goblin

Post by LiMuBei »

Did you recompile Ogre using CodeBlocks? If you mix up stuff compiled with VS and CodeBlocks it might cause issues.
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by johnhpus »

Did you recompile Ogre using CodeBlocks? If you mix up stuff compiled with VS and CodeBlocks it might cause issues.
But if that were the issue, could he have made it as far as he did? If the Ogre or OIS dlls were incompatible, they would have failed to load at startup. OIS doesn't load any plugins, so I don't see how initializing it could fail because of binary incompatibility.
LiMuBei
Goblin

Post by LiMuBei »

My guess is that he linked to the correct libs, but when the program starts, the wrong DLLs are used. Just guessing though...
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by johnhpus »

Yeah... but when incompatible DLLs are the problem, it occurs as soon as they're loaded. OIS and Ogre's main DLL were loaded successfully at startup, as evidenced by the log entries we see them generating. :)
_Codepard_
Gnoblar

Post by _Codepard_ »

Does this same code function properly when compiled in Visual Studio? If not, it could simply be an error in your code.
I used the example delivered by Ogre.
The log tells that it is passed the loading point.
Yeah... but when incompatible DLLs are the problem, it occurs as soon as they're loaded. OIS and Ogre's main DLL were loaded successfully at startup, as evidenced by the log entries we see them generating.
:/ I am running it on my laptop, maybe it is a graphics problem? Or maybe MinGW dlls?

Code: Select all

Intel Dual Core P6100
2GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics
DX11 Compatible
Yeah it is not a very good laptop.

I appreciate your help and thank you all for your time. I will try and figure out what more could be causing this problem.

Any other tips are welcome :P. ;)

Best Regards,

Leo
LiMuBei
Goblin

Post by LiMuBei »

Hmm...I think there was someting about Ogre not playing so well with Intel graphics. You might wanna check that.
isack55
Gnoblar

Post by isack55 »

I don't think it is related to switching the IDE, because I am having the exact same issue and have been using Code::Blocks since the beginning of the setup... Maybe something obscure and uncommon is just broken on Code::Blocks. I would really hate to switch over to VC++, but I might end up having to. Either way, I hope this issue is resolved soon. Also, might be worth noting that I am also on Intel processor and my graphics card is and NVidia 1600GT.