[SOLVED] Install Build Target doesn't work

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
BrightBit
Gremlin

[SOLVED] Install Build Target doesn't work

Post by BrightBit »

Hi Ogre community,

I am using Ogre 1.7 from Source/Repository under Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2010 Express. Everything compiles without problems. It's just the Install Build that reports an error:

Code: Select all

Error	1	error MSB3073: The command "setlocal
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe" -DBUILD_TYPE=Release -P cmake_install.cmake
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
:cmEnd
endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone
:cmErrorLevel
exit /b %1
:cmDone
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :VCEnd
:VCEnd" exited with code 1.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	113
I really have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Can you help me or show me a direction?

Greetings
BrightBit
Last edited by BrightBit on Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone [...] Just ask. [...] They 'trust me'. Dumb fucks." - Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO)
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Re: Install Build Target doesn't work

Post by Mind Calamity »

What did you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to ? Make sure it's not a directory in C:\Program Files\ or something protected like that, because chances are you have UAC enabled and unless you run Visual Studio as administrator, it will not be able to install the required files in that directory.

The above is what's caused this error for me lots of times, but it could be something else (which I doubt).
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
BrightBit
Gremlin

Re: Install Build Target doesn't work

Post by BrightBit »

Thank you. I did know that the "Program Files" directory in Windows can cause problems but I forgot it, so you're right. I changed CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and now the target works, too.

Thank you.
"Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone [...] Just ask. [...] They 'trust me'. Dumb fucks." - Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO)
ksr30040
Gnoblar

Re: [SOLVED] Install Build Target doesn't work

Post by ksr30040 »

Hello

I am having the following errors when i am trying to build my cmake project in visual studio could you please let me know the steps to resolve this issue.

error MSB3073: if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
error MSB3073: :cmEnd
error MSB3073: endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone
error MSB3073: :cmErrorLevel
error MSB3073: exit /b %1
error MSB3073: :cmDone