[2.1] Segmentation fault Topic is solved

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Xenkhan
Gnoblar

[2.1] Segmentation fault

Post by Xenkhan »

Hello!

I'm running the latest version of Manjaro with all dependencies installed.

Trying to get into Ogre3D and compiled the latest 2.1 branch on bitbucket following the tutorial. Took a few jinks to get it all working but it did.

Running the samples after I go through the shell a segmentation fault happens.
I ran gdb on the sample and here's the log:

Code: Select all

*** Starting GLX Subsystem ***
GL3PlusRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "Tutorial 01: Initialization", 800x600 windowed  miscParams: FSAA=0 gamma=true parentWindowHandle=75497486 title=Tutorial 01: Initialization vsync=No 

Thread 1 "Sample_Tutorial" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007fffebc7492e in Ogre::GLXWindow::create (this=<optimized out>, name="Tutorial 01: Initialization", 
    width=<optimized out>, height=<optimized out>, fullScreen=<optimized out>, miscParams=<optimized out>)
    at /home/kesuda/Programming/ogre-src/RenderSystems/GL3Plus/src/windowing/GLX/OgreGLXWindow.cpp:357
357                 attr.colormap = XCreateColormap(xDisplay, DefaultRootWindow(xDisplay), visualInfo->visual, AllocNone);

The function that makes this happens seems to be

Code: Select all

attr.colormap = XCreateColormap(xDisplay, DefaultRootWindow(xDisplay), visualInfo->visual, AllocNone);

In /RenderSystems/GL3Plus/src/windowing/GLX/OgreGLXWindow.cpp:357

Any clues on why this is happening? same source works fine on Windows. Quite a newbie to all of this so I'm not sure how X works that much or Graphics in general. :?

Thanks!
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [2.1] Segmentation fault

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi!

There's a bug in Mesa 17.2 affecting Intel GPUs that causes that particular place to crash in Ogre. I strongly suspect that's the reason.

There is already a fix, but if the Mesa driver was compiled from git older than September 2018, it will likely have that bug.

On Ubuntu I would tell you to use Oibaf's PPA; but I don't know how to get the latest Manjaro.

Cheers
Matias
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

dark_sylinc wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:47 am There is already a fix, but if the Mesa driver was compiled from git older than September 2018, it will likely have that bug.
damn, i've always suspected dark_sylinc is from the future :D
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
Xenkhan
Gnoblar

Post by Xenkhan »

dark_sylinc wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:47 am Hi!

There's a bug in Mesa 17.2 affecting Intel GPUs that causes that particular place to crash in Ogre. I strongly suspect that's the reason.

There is already a fix, but if the Mesa driver was compiled from git older than September 2018, it will likely have that bug.

On Ubuntu I would tell you to use Oibaf's PPA; but I don't know how to get the latest Manjaro.

Cheers
Matias
Downgrading to Mesa 1.7.1 made it work perfectly!
(If anyone else on any Arch-based distro has this problem check out ALA)

Thanks! :lol: