OgreXmlConverter.txt?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
chefroussimoff
Gnoblar

OgreXmlConverter.txt?

Post by chefroussimoff »

Hi there! Recently, i had a problem with OgreXmlConverter, and been researching for two days for threads or articles with the same problem as me, although, quite few; all are really not useful

A little Backstory:
I got these files from forums.facepunch they are mostly .mesh files from Battlefield 1. So i had to open them! Now, i have two software to choose from, blender and Cinema4d (research shows me the high rate of people using blender due to plugins so i chose blender) Now, i have my .mesh files. From an article i found, they told me to use an Xnalara add-on so i can import the .mesh(es) in blender; so i did, although, i'm receiving this error:
https://gyazo.com/964520f90eacfd52caca60607a19c62d And i can't find any solution or any relating problems in the web, so i pack my stuff up and move to another software, a 4 hours-download of 3ds max 2016. So i figured out that the thread that i got the .mesh files from are using 3ds max to open the files. So i figured out that, that might be the way. 3dsmax does NOT support .mesh files. Other sources as well told me to convert the .mesh file into an Xml to make it a bit more easier; they sent me to ogre. I downloaded a file called OgreCommandLineTool which is
the 1.7.2 version. So, different thread told me to drag the .mesh file into the "ogrexmlconverter.exe" (pause for a milisec; outputs open for a milisec. and a text file named "OgreXmlConverter.txt" appears, and from that moment i wasn't able to import any of the .mesh(es).

Now, my point is; i been through a lot and it's kind of mixed up since whenever i find a solution, and brings me to something deeper and ends up in a dead end (usually an error that no one in the internet has), and so i gave up and started asking by my own. So here it is, Does anybody have any solution for this? Or rather, just give me an instruction on "How to open .mesh file into 3Dsmax or Blender; Solutions for the errors that occur

That would be so much appreciated, and ends my misery; i urgently need these .mesh files to be converted to an .obj file.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: OgreXmlConverter.txt?

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi,

AFAIK, Battlefield 1 does not use Ogre. It's very likely they name their mesh files ".mesh" just like we do, but are not related to our format.
If Ogre Meshy cannot open them, it means it's not an Ogre3D mesh file.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: OgreXmlConverter.txt?

Post by Kojack »

Battlefield 1 uses the Frostbite engine. You need tools that handle it's custom mesh format (Many different game engines use the name mesh, but all are different formats).

Here's a thread that has some tools for it, although I haven't tried myself:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... tlefield+1