Problems executing simple samples with 1.11.0 in debug mode

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
eltorrox
Gnoblar

Problems executing simple samples with 1.11.0 in debug mode

Post by eltorrox »

I downloaded the 1.11.0 sdk and tested simple sample applications, like BasicTutorial1. It works in release mode, but not in debug mode because the sdk does not contain the debug libraries. I downloaded the sources and tried to compile them in order to generate the debug libraries. The projects are buggy and some of them do not compile due to the dependencies. I downloaded the sources for dependencies to build them. They are buggy too. I downloaded separately the freetype library and sdl2 library and built them. With the built libraries I was able finally to solve some of the buggy projects in ogre. Unfortunately the BasicTutorial1 sample in debug mode is still not working, although is configured identically with the release mode.
I get in the log the error:

Ogre::InternalErrorException::InternalErrorException: Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D11. System Error: The specified module could not be found.

in DynLib::load at <some path>\ogre\ogre-1.11.0\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 109)

I am locked in this error!

I don't understand why the sdk is not released with all the debug libraries included and tested and with all the samples tested in both debug and release mode? The sdk as it is released now is useless, because the developers need to work in debug mode!
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Problems executing simple samples with 1.11.0 in debug mode

Post by paroj »

please follow this guide until "installing Ogre"
https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre/blob/m ... pendencies

probably you not building against the SDK dir, but the build directory.
eltorrox
Gnoblar

Re: Problems executing simple samples with 1.11.0 in debug mode

Post by eltorrox »

I finally found the problem! In debug mode the files resources_d.cfg and plugins_d.cfg are used. Also in plugins_d.cfg the plugins with _d should be used, for example:

Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D11_d