1.11 + btOgre

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
libolt
Greenskin

1.11 + btOgre

Post by libolt »

So I got a new laptop and decided to try building my game against Ogre 1.11 again instead of 1.10. I managed to get MyGUI from git to build and link against 1.11 with a couple of minor modifications. However, now I am trying to get the btOgre wrapper to build. It fails with the following:

Code: Select all

[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/BtOgre.dir/BtOgre.cpp.obj
In file included from C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgrePG.h:22:0,
                 from C:\Users\libolt\Nextcloud\builds\sources\btogre\BtOgre.cpp:16:
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgreExtras.h: In constructor 'BtOgre::DebugDrawer::DebugDrawer(Ogre::SceneNode*, btDynamicsWorld*)':
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgreExtras.h:209:47: error: no matching function for call to 'BtOgre::DynamicLines::setMaterial(const char [18])'
   mLineDrawer->setMaterial("BtOgre/DebugLines");
                                               ^
In file included from C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgreExtras.h:21:0,
                 from C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgrePG.h:22,
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/mingw-amd64/ogre-1.11-sdk/include/OGRE/OgreSimpleRenderable.h:76:22: note: candidate: virtual void Ogre::SimpleRenderable::setMaterial(const MaterialPtr&)
         virtual void setMaterial(const MaterialPtr& mat);
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/mingw-amd64/ogre-1.11-sdk/include/OGRE/OgreSimpleRenderable.h:76:22: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'const char [18]' to 'const MaterialPtr& {aka const Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::Material>&}'
C:\Users\libolt\Nextcloud\builds\sources\btogre\BtOgre.cpp: In constructor 'BtOgre::DynamicLines::DynamicLines(BtOgre::DynamicLines::OperationType)':
C:\Users\libolt\Nextcloud\builds\sources\btogre\BtOgre.cpp:962:37: error: no matching function for call to 'BtOgre::DynamicLines::setMaterial(const char [20])'
    setMaterial("BaseWhiteNoLighting");
                                     ^
In file included from C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgreExtras.h:21:0,
                 from C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/sources/btogre/include/BtOgrePG.h:22,
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/mingw-amd64/ogre-1.11-sdk/include/OGRE/OgreSimpleRenderable.h:76:22: note: candidate: virtual void Ogre::SimpleRenderable::setMaterial(const MaterialPtr&)
         virtual void setMaterial(const MaterialPtr& mat);
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/libolt/Nextcloud/builds/mingw-amd64/ogre-1.11-sdk/include/OGRE/OgreSimpleRenderable.h:76:22: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'const char [20]' to 'const MaterialPtr& {aka const Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::Material>&}'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles\BtOgre.dir\build.make:63: CMakeFiles/BtOgre.dir/BtOgre.cpp.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles\Makefile2:67: CMakeFiles/BtOgre.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:129: all] Error 2
Build Failed
This appears to be due to the fact that: virtual void setMaterial( const String& matName ); has been removed in Ogre 1.11. I understand that this was due to it being deprecated. I just want to know if it's possible to work around or fix the issue. I'm not super familiar with the btOgre internals. I've been using the code from this repository: https://github.com/nikki93/btogre
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: 1.11 + btOgre

Post by paroj »

see this commit:
https://github.com/OGRECave/btogre/comm ... 34e1feeda3

(and that fork in general)
libolt
Greenskin

Re: 1.11 + btOgre

Post by libolt »

paroj,

Thank you. That worked with the exception of CMake's FindBullet module not finding my mingw-w64 build of bullet. But that's something I've been dealing with for years so I substituted my own module and btOgre built successfully.

Now I just have to figure out why boost is not bootstrapping on mingw-w64 but that is nothing to do with ogre.

Thanks again. You have once again been a big help.