Page 1 of 1

Orge Make Failed

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:27 pm
by Utkarsha
Orge Version: 1.11
Operating System: Manjaro Linux.
I followed the tutorial how to build and install the orge3D in my system. But i am getting the error OrgeConfig.h this error is produced while i typed make as can be seen from the following image.
Image

As seen from the image there is some header file missing named OrgeConfig.h but the header file is present in the directory. In tutorial installation was successful but i ended up with this error.

Re: Orge Make Failed

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:39 pm
by paroj
try placing the code in a path without spaces in the name

Re: Orge Make Failed

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm
by Utkarsha
I have installed successfully but after installation when i first try to compile the program i again got the error about missing header file this time the library functions #include pointing to wrong direction. Rather than editing all the headers files i copied all the header file in one main folder /usr/include/OGRE this was the main path where all the header files are located but some header files like OgreApplicationContext.h is located in /usr/include/OGRE/Bite location and other in other folder and they are simply all pointing header file located on another folder just by simple "header.h". After managing all i get the following error.

Image

I am now near to giving up with this Ogre. I don't know about Windows but for linux this seems to me as a poorly managed, not well tested package. ./configure, make, and make install were not successful, so i had installed Ogre3D with Pacman. 99.9% installing with pacman success. I have used glfw, freeglut and so on without any problem, i don't know what is wrong with only Ogre3D.

Re: Orge Make Failed

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 am
by EricB
The picture is a linking error. You're only linking Ogre and pthreads. If I am not mistaken, you need to link OgreBites. And probably a few more libraries that are not loaded uses Ogre's plugin system.

I have compiled Ogre, various plugins, and a 400k line game and it's dependences on Slackware, 3 versions of Ubuntu, Manjaro, and more recently Mageia. From 1.6 to 1.11.5... Hell, I had a working build on FreeBSD for a while! Your problem isn't the Ogre's setup, but you not knowing how to properly include header paths and link libraries. (Or which to do.) :)


I suggest using Cmake GUI to generate your make files for Ogre. Build, it'll work. Next, use cmake to generate some IDE files for the samples. Dig in the IDE files to see what libs you need to link and what header paths you need to include. And then write a nice simple make file for your program if you choose to go the make route.

Re: Orge Make Failed

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am
by paroj
Utkarsha wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm
I don't know about Windows but for linux this seems to me as a poorly managed, not well tested package. ./configure, make, and make install were not successful
maybe the problem is rather that you did not read how to correctly set it up, specifically:
- https://ogrecave.github.io/ogre/api/lat ... -ogre.html
- https://ogrecave.github.io/ogre/api/latest/setup.html