OGRE 3D and BLENDER?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
tutu10
Gnoblar

OGRE 3D and BLENDER?

Post by tutu10 »

does any one think that this would be possible to incorparate the OGRE3d engine in to the blender program. you could use python for the programming and and export script for converting models, textures and worlds etc…some of the OGRE 3d demos are up there will professinal graphics and i think that blender could really make professinal quality games when joined with OGRE3d
Hrenli
Halfling

Re: OGRE 3D and BLENDER?

Post by Hrenli »

viewtopic.php?t=84227 ?

But if I understand your question correctly, you are talking about using blender as a game engine and even distribution platform... And I really fail to grasp the idea why on Earth anyone would want to do this.
ifloor
Gnoblar

Re: OGRE 3D and BLENDER?

Post by ifloor »

Hi, @Hrenli, about
"I really fail to grasp the idea why on Earth anyone would want to do this."
I feel the same than @tutu10, and the thing is that some of the major engines have a very integrated IDE where you can code and do meshes styling, at least visualising it and make some tweaks.

As far as I know Ogre has some nice components to help with that but they are not like a fine polished IDE like Unity or Unreal, but it's open source, right? And despite this desire to have a very nice looking IDE, i'm very comfortable with my C++ IDE and Blender, it's very nice to be free :]

Best regards,