CMake Build issue 1.12.1

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
mattaylor
Gnoblar

CMake Build issue 1.12.1

Post by mattaylor »

Ogre Version: 1.12.1
Operating System: Linux openSUSE Leap 15.0 (kernel 5.1.10-2.gad24342-default)
Render System: OpenGL

Hi I'm running into an error while trying to build Ogre 1.12.1. I'm trying to build through a src.rpm file. So I've installed the Opensuse src rpm for Ogre 1.9 and then downloaded the tar.gz for v1.12.1 from github and placed it into the SOURCE folder. I've then edited the ogre.spec file to use the new archive and also commented the patches that were being applied to 1.9 which 'may' not be necessary at the moment.

I've then run: sudo rpmbuild -v -ba SPECS/ogre.spec

CMake kicks in but then dies with errors on std out:

Code: Select all

CMake Error: File /usr/src/packages/BUILD/ogre-1.12.1/CMake/Templates/SDK_CMakeLists.txt.in does not exist.
CMake Error at Samples/CMakeLists.txt:100 (configure_file):
  configure_file Problem configuring file

CMake Error: File /usr/src/packages/BUILD/ogre-1.12.1/CMake/Templates/SDK_Samples_CMakeLists.txt.in does not exist.
CMake Error at Samples/CMakeLists.txt:101 (configure_file):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Neither of the files CMake/Templates/SDK_CMakeLists.txt.in or CMake/Templates/SDK_Samples_CMakeLists.txt.in exist in the 1.12.1 archive but are referenced in the Samples/CMakeLists.txt file.

Does anyone know if this is an error in the CMakeLists.txt file or is there another archive which contains these files that needs to be applied?

These files seem to have disappeared or moved between Ogre 1.10.12 and 1.11.0, by looking at github. Actually there were removed for the 1.11.0 release. https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre/commit ... 383885370e

So is it OK to just remove the following two lines from Samples/CMakeLists.txt

Code: Select all

configure_file(${OGRE_TEMPLATES_DIR}/SDK_CMakeLists.txt.in ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/../CMakeLists.txt @ONLY)
  configure_file(${OGRE_TEMPLATES_DIR}/SDK_Samples_CMakeLists.txt.in ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeLists.txt @ONLY)
Any help greatly appreciated.
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: CMake Build issue 1.12.1

Post by paroj »

the core issue is that the OGRE_INSTALL_SAMPLES_SOURCE option is no longer supported.
mattaylor
Gnoblar

Re: CMake Build issue 1.12.1

Post by mattaylor »

Ah OK, so I should edit the cmake line in the SPEC file. Great, thanks for your help.