Caelum not installed by Ogitor

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Niubbo
Halfling

Caelum not installed by Ogitor

Post by Niubbo »

Ogre Version: 1.12.8
Operating System: Win10
Render System: Dx11

I saw that in the build I did of Ogitor, also if as plugins in the prebuild Caelum and Hydrax directory are present, during the build they're ignored ( in the CMAKE files they're not listed with the other plugins). Is there any particular operation to do? to add Caelum in the dependencies like pagedgeometry?

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Caelum not installed by Ogitor

Post by paroj »

the caelum plugin is not updated for some cealum & ogre changes (and probably Ogitor). Thats why it is disabled.

I made some effort to re-enable it some time ago, but only got it to build - not to properly function. If you are interested, I just pushed what I had on disk here:
https://github.com/OGRECave/ogitor/tree/caelum

Niubbo
Halfling

Post by Niubbo »

thanks I'll take a look. Do you remember what exactly didn't work? Does it works using it directly as plugin in Ogre ? (in this case I can do a parallel checking for understand what it doesn't work)

Hydrax is completly abandoned or in the future there're plan to make it works with the latest versions of Ogre?

thanks

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

I though it would crash ogitor, but I just tried again. There are some issues with discovering the cealum lib, but once you resolve that the plugin loads and shows up in the UI. However when you try adding it it bails out with resource issues. Probably all is not that bad.

Note that an Ogre Plugin is not the same as an Ogitor Plugin. Also while Caelum was building an Ogre Plugin, it was not usable as such, as you always had to link against it to get to the Caelum API. Therefore I recently changed it to no longer build a (useless) plugin:
https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre-caelum ... 705bdbbf1c

edit:
It actually works if you resolve all path/ resources issues

Niubbo
Halfling

Post by Niubbo »

I managed to load it and use it a little in the exampleproject, it seems work well, only there're some problems in the initialization of caelum plugin code I corrected modifying the code; can I modify in gittub and open a pull request, so you can check it ?

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

yes, go ahead

Niubbo
Halfling

Post by Niubbo »

Just done.