[SOLVED] Strange effect importing multipage terrain from Ogitor with inputscale to 24

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Niubbo
Goblin

[SOLVED] Strange effect importing multipage terrain from Ogitor with inputscale to 24

Post by Niubbo »

Ogre Version: 1.12.8
Operating System: win10
Render System: dx9

I created a ground very large 16 (4 for side) pages each of 65536 (so a total surface 262144) with raw 32 height image and 24 as input scale. In Ogitor is view correctly, but when I imported (copy and paste the same code used in the dot serializer for the terraingroup) in my program I have the effect of the attached screenshot

If I use a single page of 262144 the effect is only from stretched but is the same

If I leave the input scale to 1 the problem is not present; it seems the vertex points are at the correct height the but the space in the middle is at the level 1. Perhaps in the import is necessary to setup other parameters. ANy idea?
thanks
Last edited by Niubbo on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niubbo
Goblin

Re: Strange effect importing multipage terrain from Ogitor with inputscale to 24

Post by Niubbo »

I solved the problem; I noticed it happened not only in the case of inputscale but in general with all map with height > 0 presents; the graphical heights appears different from the result of code height calculations.

I replicated the same loading process followed by Ogitor for the terraingroup: essentually the problem was the instruction I copied from the dotscene plugin

Code: Select all

terraingroup->setAutoUpdateLod(Ogre::TerrainAutoUpdateLodFactory::getAutoUpdateLod(Ogre::BY_DISTANCE));
I suppose this is related to some missing setting I forgot, which make crazy the LOD of ground also a short distance
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [SOLVED] Strange effect importing multipage terrain from Ogitor with inputscale to 24

Post by paroj »

I dont see this call in either Ogre nor in Ogitor. Do you mean this is missing?
Niubbo
Goblin

Re: [SOLVED] Strange effect importing multipage terrain from Ogitor with inputscale to 24

Post by Niubbo »

You're right, I remembered wrongly I copied it not from the dot scene but from sample endless world from the setup contact function