ADBannerView touch events

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
Igor Gedymin
Gnoblar

ADBannerView touch events

Post by Igor Gedymin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello.

I tryed to add banner to my ogre project.

I get UIView with this function

Ogre::Root::getSingleton().getAutoCreatedWindow()->getCustomAttribute("VIEW", &v);

than create ADBannerView and add it to this view

adView = [[ADBannerView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectZero];
[ogreView addSubview:adView];

I see this banner, it displays ADs, but it doesn't respond to touches... It "transparent" for them. I still receive all touches to OgreFramework::touchMoved callback in OgreFramework.cpp. when I touch banner.

The same thing happens with all UIView, that I tried to add...

Any ideas?
0 x

Igor Gedymin
Gnoblar

Re: ADBannerView touch events

Post by Igor Gedymin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

Found solution.

I removed OIS::Input manager from my project (OgreFramework.cpp: m_pInputMgr), because it used "setexclusivetouch: true" for Multi Touch and it's not possible to change it outside.
So I wrote my own implementation for touches and ADBannerView works just fine now. This is also true for any UIView, you want to add to your program.
0 x

masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: ADBannerView touch events

Post by masterfalcon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, for anything other than the SampleBrowser I'd recommend handling input yourself. The current OIS multitouch(that I wrote) is 100% not a very good solution for iOS, probably not for Android either. But it works, sort of, for the SampleBrowser. That's all I really meant it for. I was kind of hoping that someone else would pick up where I left off but that hasn't happened yet.
0 x