Creating a Particle System in Iphone

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
physiks87
Gnoblar

Creating a Particle System in Iphone

Post by physiks87 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:37 am

Hi,

I am using Ogre with the iphone, and trying to create a particle system. All I've done so far is load the particle script. However, I keep on getting this error:

"EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Cannot find requested emitter type. in ParticleSystemManager::_createEmitter at /Users/davidrogers/Documents/Ogre/ogre-v1-8/OgreMain/src/OgreParticleSystemManager.cpp (line 353)"

I tried adding Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX to the plugin.cfg, but nothing changed. Could somebody please tell me how I can load Plugin_ParticleFX to my framework, so that I can use particle system?
0 x

physiks87
Gnoblar

Re: Creating a Particle System in Iphone

Post by physiks87 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 am

Alright, managed to get this resolved.

First, I am using one of the iphone ogre templates from the wiki, so in the OgreStaticPluginLoader.h, you first need to make sure OGRE_STATIC_ParticleFX is defined. You can "#define OGRE_STATIC_ParticleFX 1" in the OgreFramework.cpp file.

Then, you need to make sure in the headers you are including in the build settings, that "OgreParticleFXPlugin.h" is included among them.

Finally, under TARGETS, in "Build Phases", for "Link Binary With Libraries", make sure you add "libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a".

Once you add this, you should be able to get particle systems running.
0 x

masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Creating a Particle System in Iphone

Post by masterfalcon » Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 pm

It should be noted that for things such as that it is good to also remember that iOS is statically linked. So searching to issues with static builds may help in the future.
0 x