Android shader compiler logs

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
hindupower
Gnoblar

Android shader compiler logs

Post by hindupower » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi,

I am developing an android app and everything seems to work fine except for my bloom post-processing shader.
Previously the bloom shader did work, but it was very unoptimized and caused for a HUGE performance drop.
So I moved a lot of expensive calculations to the vertex shader and avoided dynamic texture lookups.
The problem is I get a vertex shader compiler error with the optimized version during runtime and even though logcat says "see compile log above for details", there is no compile log above it as there would be if I did the shader in GLSL and ran it on my desktop.

So, my question is, is it possible for me to see the GL info log, or as an alternative compile the shaders on windows so that I can see what errors I'm getting?

P.S. For anyone who wants to immediate results of GLSL ES fragment programs, I found that this website (http://www.shadertoy.com) can be really useful. It only runs fragment programs though.
0 x