How to load a mesh from ogreJNI?

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
josemi
Gnoblar

How to load a mesh from ogreJNI?

Post by josemi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

I'm trying to show a ogrehead in ogreJNI example, but I'm afraid I'm really newbie, and when I write the line:

Code: Select all

Ogre::Entity* ogreHead = pSceneMgr->createEntity("Head", "ogrehead.mesh");
I get a error in eclipse log saying this:
09-26 12:43:31.834: E/OGRE(5419): OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource ogrehead.mesh in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
I searched in forums and I know that I need to load resources (I put them in the assets folders like they are in sampleBrowser), but even after reading some threads, I can't make they work...

So, from "original" OgreJNI, which steps must I do to show a Ogre Head in the Scene??

Thanks in advance! :D
0 x

c6burns
Beholder

Re: How to load a mesh from ogreJNI?

Post by c6burns » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:39 am

I told you to look through the code in the thread here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76491

I can see you haven't done so. I hate to come off sounding like a jerk, but put some effort in. If you look through the JNI code you will see it's not even opening a resources.cfg. It's up to you to decide how to get your resources loaded, as the JNI example is just showing you how to get the renderer initialized properly. Instead of searching for a cut and paste example (which, by the way, actually exists in the other thread) just try to work with the code a bit and develop some understanding.
0 x

josemi
Gnoblar

Re: How to load a mesh from ogreJNI?

Post by josemi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 am

I know it maybe look like that, but the problem is that english is not my mother language and I don't understand the thread very well, since you said to me to read the thread I have done it like five times, I promise :P but I don't get everything on it.

In the other side I don't want to copy & paste the code, because it will not help me improving my skills.

And you don't sound like a jerk, I can understand you :)

thanks anyways.

PD: I'll keep trying reading the other thread.
0 x