[Android]display of preferences from jni causes error

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
yvesa
Gnoblar

[Android]display of preferences from jni causes error

Post by yvesa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello,
I have an android + ogre + jni question:

Scenario
========
I am trying to combine ogre running in SurfaceView and standard android preferences shown as a new activity. The preferences are shown in their own activity using an intent.
When I call the function showing the preferences, the activity appears ok and I can change the preferences.

Problem
=======
When I am finished with the preference editing and click on the back button, the following errors appear after the ogre environment is reinitialized:

For nexus 4:
12-20 12:09:09.076: E/OGRE(31784): OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot create GL ES index buffer in GLES2HardwareIndexBuffer::GLES2HardwareIndexBuffer at ..\..\..\RenderSystems\GLES2\src\OgreGLES2HardwareIndexBuffer.cpp (line 69)

For samsung galaxy tab 2 and 3:
12-20 13:21:26.389: E/OGRE(12155): OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to locate fragment program called Ogre/ShadowFrgProgram. in GpuProgramUsage::setProgramName at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreGpuProgramUsage.cpp (line 93)
followed by
12-20 13:21:26.514: E/OGRE(12155): OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot create GL ES index buffer in GLES2HardwareIndexBuffer::GLES2HardwareIndexBuffer at ..\..\..\RenderSystems\GLES2\src\OgreGLES2HardwareIndexBuffer.cpp (line 69)

From the log, it appears that these errors are thrown after calling Ogre::ShaderGeneratorTechniqueResolverListener for the first material.

Environment
===========
Android 4.1.1 (samsung galaxy tab2), 4.2.2 (samsung galaxy tab 3), 4.4.2 (nexus 4),
ogre 1.9 downloaded from bitbucket 13-Dec-2013.

Could anyone please advise what could be causing these issues?

Thanks
0 x