Mesa3D, GLES-2 & Mesa on Embedded Devices

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
ramin
Gnoblar

Mesa3D, GLES-2 & Mesa on Embedded Devices

Post by ramin »

Could someone please explain the relationship between, Ogre3D's GLES2 renderer, and Mesa3D+Gallium3D?

I am using a small development kit which has the Freescale i.MX6 Quad Core CPU - with a GPU which supports GLES 2.0.

It is an Ubuntu or rather a XUbuntu Linux.

I have managed to install a lot of new libraries and build Ogre3D and run the demos but they are very very slow - less than 1 FPS.

The default GPU demos run very nice and smooth but after Ogre's build and install process I realised the default demos don't run anymore with strong hints that the graphics libraries on the system are changed. I think Ogre3D uses Mesa and Mesa is not hardware accelerated.

The default GPU demos have DRi/DRM issues - or the Gallium3D files on the system do !? - and when I copy the original GPU libraries such as libGLES files back into the system to let those demos to run, then Ogre3D fails to run. It complains about the EGL not being able to find a configuration.

So I really like to understand a bit more - my first question at the top!

Any ideas?

Thanks