Write into MipMap Slots directly

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
mmmmm
Gnoblar

Write into MipMap Slots directly

Post by mmmmm »

Hi all,

I'm trying to fill the different mip map slots of a cube map texture with different images, but something isn't working as expected.

When i use the texture2d fetch function with the bias parameter, inside a custom shader, it always returns the 0 level mip map (original image).

I'm creating the cube map texture with the createManual-function. NumMipMaps is set to the number of desired levels minus one, and the usage is TU_DYNAMIC_WRITE_ONLY. Then I use the getBuffer( side, level ) and the blitFromMemory calls to to fill the different buffers with different pixelBoxes.

I'm working with xcode on a mac and am building for iOS (6.1 and 7.0) and OGRE 1.9 and GLES 2 render system.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Write into MipMap Slots directly

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Maybe that helps 'textureCubeLodEXT'
https://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/e ... re_lod.txt

This extension 'EXT_shader_texture_lod' is supported on iOS but I need to check if enable it - but I guess so.
mmmmm
Gnoblar

Post by mmmmm »

Thats a helpful extension and simplifies the task dramatically, so thanks for this.

But it doesn't fix my problem. It still shows the 0 level, no matter which LOD i'm trying. I assume, that the LOD is the desired mip map level, so if i have 7 mip map levels i can use a LOD between 0.0 and 7.0?
mmmmm
Gnoblar

Post by mmmmm »

any updates on the issue?

thx!