FSAA GLES2 texture seems doesn't work Topic is solved

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
AndrAlekseevV
Gnoblar

FSAA GLES2 texture seems doesn't work

Post by AndrAlekseevV »

I'm using ogre 1.10 and I'm trying to make render to texture. I need fsaa=4.
I'm creating texture:

Code: Select all

Ogre::TexturePtr rttTexture =
                Ogre::TextureManager::getSingleton().createManual(
                        "RttTex",
                        Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::DEFAULT_RESOURCE_GROUP_NAME,
                        Ogre::TEX_TYPE_2D,
                        mOgreRenderWnd->getWidth(), mOgreRenderWnd->getHeight(),
                        Ogre::PF_R8G8B8A8,
                        Ogre::TU_RENDERTARGET,
                        false,
                        4);
The last parameter is FSAA. So, I guess I'll see anti-aliasing. And it's works on PC(linux), but it doesn't on android(6.0), lines like stairs. I use the same code for android and for linux. If i'll set fsaa 0, I'll get the same result on linux and android. But this parameter doesn't change anything on android. So, i don't understand why there is no effect.

As I understand, on Android texture with fsaa setup here: GLES2Texture::_createSurfaceList. So, I loged it. FSAA is 4, that's correct. So, i confused, because I doesn't see result of this fsaa.
This code(in GLES2Texture::_createSurfaceList) called a single time with mFSAA=4:

Code: Select all

GLES2HardwarePixelBuffer *buf = OGRE_NEW GLES2TextureBuffer(mName,
                                                                            getGLES2TextureTarget(),
                                                                            mTextureID,
                                                                            width, height, depth,
                                                                            GLES2PixelUtil::getClosestGLInternalFormat(mFormat, mHwGamma),
                                                                            GLES2PixelUtil::getGLOriginDataType(mFormat),
                                                                            static_cast<GLint>(face),
                                                                            mip,
                                                                            static_cast<HardwareBuffer::Usage>(mUsage),
                                                                            doSoftware && mip == 0, mHwGamma, mFSAA);
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: FSAA GLES2 texture seems doesn't work

Post by paroj »

are you using the GLES2 RenderSystem on Linux as well?
AndrAlekseevV
Gnoblar

Post by AndrAlekseevV »

paroj wrote:are you using the GLES2 RenderSystem on Linux as well?
No, I'm using default one, just open gl.
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

GLES2 also works fine on linux. Could you try it? That would help figuring out whether this is a driver or a RenderSystem issue.
AndrAlekseevV
Gnoblar

Post by AndrAlekseevV »

paroj wrote:GLES2 also works fine on linux. Could you try it? That would help figuring out whether this is a driver or a RenderSystem issue.
I wanted to test it later, cause ican't make it work for a short time.
I see you posted something. Was it fix?

P.s.
Thank you for answer and sorry I wasn't answer for a long time.
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

AndrAlekseevV wrote: I wanted to test it later, cause ican't make it work for a short time.
I see you posted something. Was it fix?
yes - it is in the default/ master branch now.