As a user of the Ogre 2.0 branch which is not really maintained any more, I'd like to refresh it a little bit, to have something more stable, clean and polished ( there is a lot of "dead code" in this branch)
Ogre 2.0 is right in the middle of 1.10 and 2.1 (you don't say ?), and is kinda bastard, as it takes from 2.x:
- The new scene manager design
- The new compositor system design
- Entities, materials, etc..
- Render systems & low level layers are really close, or at least have the same architecture.
- almost everything else in fact..
- Merge as much as possible the fixes Paroj did to the GL* Render systems in the Ogre 2.0 branch
- Same thing for the D3D11 Render system.
- Integrate the state cache manager in the GL3+ render system, already did it in my fork, I just need to take Paroj's improvements before. Maybe make a pull request in the default branch before.
- Eventually drop the GL1 & D3D9 Render systems.
- Test & fix all the samples if any error on Windows & Linux.
- If possible, merge the 2.1 fixes & enhancements that Dark Sylinc did to the shadow projection & compositor node back to the 2.0, as they are really interesting.
- If possible, strip all in place but unfinished HLMS code and merge the HLMS from the 1.10 (yes, not from the 2.1)
- Try to cherry pick commits from the default/2.1 branches and merge them into the 2.0 branch. That could be great but not always possible in case of interface changes. Tracking the right changesets isn't easy too.
- Manually look for changes in source and re-do the changes in the 2.0 branch. A little less difficult, and less prompt to generate errors, but we'll loose original changeset history.