[2.1] Bug when re-using cull data (V1 Renderables get added twice or more!)

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

[2.1] Bug when re-using cull data (V1 Renderables get added twice or more!)

Post by al2950 »

When using 're-use cull data' SceneManager::_cullPhase01 is not called and so the render queue is not cleared. However V1 renderables are added to the render queue in SceneManager::_renderPhase02, and so the same renderable ends up begin added twice or more.

Is there any reason one V1 renderables are added during _renderPhase02? It was not immediately obvious to me
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [2.1] Bug when re-using cull data (V1 Renderables get added twice or more!)

Post by dark_sylinc »

This was a PR, so you may have to ask the one who submitted it (maybe was it xrgo?)

Could be most likely an oversight. The only issue with v1 objects is that they rely in _updateRenderQueue to add themselves, and they can do whatever they want in there (eg. fill a buffer with required data that is view dependent). Normal Entities are ok, but other v1 objects may be fine or not.
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

dark_sylinc wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm This was a PR, so you may have to ask the one who submitted it (maybe was it xrgo?)
TaaTT4 if I recall correctly
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

dark_sylinc wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm The only issue with v1 objects is that they rely in _updateRenderQueue to add themselves, and they can do whatever they want in there (eg. fill a buffer with required data that is view dependent)
Grumble! I had forgotten about that. Billboards are certainly an issue here. Not going to be as easy to fix as I thought.

Thanks for your replies, but just be cheaper to re-enable culling for both eyes!
TaaTT4
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by TaaTT4 »

xrgo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 pm
dark_sylinc wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm This was a PR, so you may have to ask the one who submitted it (maybe was it xrgo?)
TaaTT4 if I recall correctly
Did someone invoke me? :twisted:

Yep, I'me the guy behind that PR.
Honestly, I didn't test the reuse cull data feature with V1 entities because I use just items.

Senior programmer at 505 Games; former senior engine programmer at Sandbox Games
Worked on: Racecraft EsportRacecraft Coin-Op, Victory: The Age of Racing