minimum set of resource files

Discussion area about developing with Ogre2 branches (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)
bayoubengal
Halfling

minimum set of resource files

Post by bayoubengal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 pm

greetings!

after a long hiatus of working on my project, I am back on it. I had long list of priority bugs to get fixed in other things. :)

I'm working on integrating ogre (2.1 branch) into my desktop app. I have a window drawing content, but I've thrown in the entire set of resources from the sample apps. I need to prune out all the stuff that I don't need from the resources...particularly the "Hlms" folder. I have already worked out that I need VertexShader_vs/PixelShader_ps files for .metal and .glsl. What else do I need out of "Hlms" in Sample_V2Mesh.app to get the system minimally up and running?

thanks,
James
0 x

dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: minimum set of resource files

Post by dark_sylinc » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:52 pm

It depends on the Hlms implementations you're going to use.
If you use the standard ones i.e. PBS & Unlit; then you'll need everything that is inside the Hlms folder except for these folders:
  • PbsMobile
  • UnlitMobile
  • Terra
If you don't need a particular RenderSystem e.g. you'll never target Metal, then you can delete everything that has a *.metal extension.

The CMake script in Samples/2.0/Tutorials/EmptyProject/CMake/Dependencies/OGRE.cmake can help you copy all the needed Hlms templates to a data folder. See Speeding things Up.
Relevant bit:

Code: Select all

message( STATUS "Copying Hlms data files from Ogre repository" )
file( COPY "${OGRE_SOURCE}/Samples/Media/Hlms/Common"	DESTINATION "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bin/Data/Hlms" )
file( COPY "${OGRE_SOURCE}/Samples/Media/Hlms/Pbs"		DESTINATION "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bin/Data/Hlms" )
file( COPY "${OGRE_SOURCE}/Samples/Media/Hlms/Unlit"	DESTINATION "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/bin/Data/Hlms" )
It will also copy everything that is inside Samples/Media/2.0/scripts/materials/Common which contains very useful materials (HDR, basic postprocessing scripts); but are not strictly necessary; and also copy Samples/Media/packs/DebugPack.zip which is also not strictly necessary but very useful (due to Sphere1000 and Cube_d meshes useful for debugging).

Cheers
Matias
0 x

bayoubengal
Halfling

Re: minimum set of resource files

Post by bayoubengal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 pm

thanks. I have it running.
0 x