2.0 Compositor Pink/Magenta window

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

libolt
Greenskin

2.0 Compositor Pink/Magenta window

Post by libolt »

Okay so I have added the compositor to my project as follows:

Code: Select all

const Ogre::IdString workspaceName( "MyOwnWorkspace" );
    Ogre::CompositorManager2 *compositorManager = RERoot->getCompositorManager2();
    if( !compositorManager->hasWorkspaceDefinition( workspaceName ) )
        compositorManager->createBasicWorkspaceDef( workspaceName, Ogre::ColourValue( 0.6f, 0.0f, 0.6f ) );
    compositorManager->addWorkspace( mSceneMgr.get(), mWindow.get(), mCamera.get(), workspaceName, true );
I adapted this from what I found in the compositor docuementaiton. Now all I get is a pink/magenta filled window. I'm guessing that there is more that needs to be done to set this up?
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: 2.0 Compositor Pink/Magenta window

Post by xrgo »

that's the color you set as the clear color (Ogre::ColourValue( 0.6f, 0.0f, 0.6f ))
this means that the workspace its actually working, but you wont see anything else unless you put some geometry in front of the camera
libolt
Greenskin

Post by libolt »

xrgo,

Thanks for the information. So I have attempted to add a node that has a model attached to the Compositor as follows but still only get the pink/magenta screen nothing else.

Code: Select all

activeNode = gameE->getRenderE()->createNode(activeModel, activeNodeName);  // creates node

sharedPtr<Ogre::CompositorManager2> compositorManagerr = gameE->getRenderE()->getCompositorManager();
                compositorManagerr->addNodeDefinition(activeNodeName);
                gameE->getRenderE()->setCompositorManager(compositorManagerr);
                ABIIT.second->getComponent()->setNode(activeNode);  // saves node to current instance
                ABIIT.second->getComponent()->getNode()->setPosition(0.8f,-5.0f,352.0f);
Is this the correct way to attach a node to the compositor?
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

the createBasicWorkspaceDef should be enough for rendering, what I meant is that you need to load some geometry (a .mesh file) and attach it to a Ogre::SceneNode and put it in front of the camera, I have this sample code for 2.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/st9ccu2qn5ux6 ... e.zip?dl=0, for 2.0 just omit the Hlms stuffs and set materials alla 1.X way

unless you're trying to make something special?.. the Compositor in 2.0+ is very powerful, you can control every aspect of how you render
libolt
Greenskin

Post by libolt »

xrgo,

I have to apologize. I didn't paste everything I was doing in my code. I actually load a .mesh using my old 1.x method. All I posted was the create node code that is still based on 1.x with what I thought was needed for 2.0 and the compositor.

Thank you for the example code. I have downloaded it and will take a look at it when I have time and hopefully figure out what I am doing wrong. Hopefully I can get my test code to render in 2.0 relatively soon and then move onto 2.1. I plan to migrate to doing things the 2.x way as well. I don't have a ton of meshes/materials that need to be loaded.

Thanks again