[News] Ogre 1.8.1 [Byatis] released!

News, announcements and important global threads from the Ogre3D Team.
OgreNewsBot
Your source of official Ogre news

[News] Ogre 1.8.1 [Byatis] released!

Post by OgreNewsBot »

The first maintenance release for the 1.8 stable branch (codenamed ‘Byatis’) is now available. You can find a list of all the bug fixes after the jump. There have been quite a few, so if you are having trouble with the previous release, check this one out. Maybe your problem has already been fixed. If not, let us know.
Meanwhile, most of this year’s GSoC projects have been merged into the unstable v1-9 branch – which of course you can grab from Mercurial if you want to join us on the bleeding edge.

So far the source releases are ready for download for 1.8.1, the SDK releases are currently being prepared and will be available within the next few days. If you don’t want to wait, give the source release a try :)
Read the full change log here: http://www.ogre3d.org/2012/09/02/ogre-1 ... s-released
notNullGothik
Gnoblar

Re: [News] Ogre 1.8.1 [Byatis] released!

Post by notNullGothik »

Sorry, regarding the crash I get to Run SampleBrowser for x64 target, Win7

Code: Select all

OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Cannot find an archive factory to deal with archive of type Zip in ArchiveManager::load at src/OgreARchiveManager.cpp
And considering the response I got in this Dependencies thread, is this a known problem for this version? or do I need to get the dependencies from here to verify? http://www.bitbucket.org/cabalistic/ogredeps
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I'm not sure where that dependency package came from (I don't have admin access to the sourceforge page), but I've taken a look at it and it's broken in several ways.
For example, the contents are over 4 months out of date, the post build events have problems (it renames cg.dll to debug instead of putting it in a debug directory, there's missing path errors when built), the zlib vc2010 project file is in the visualc6 directory, includes are installed but binaries and libs fail.

(Ok, I think I see where it came from now, it was a slight update to an old dep package that shouldn't be used anymore. Back in 2009 we used deps like that, but now it's all done with cmake and mercurial)

So basically the deps package OgreDependencies_MSVC_20120819.zip shouldn't be used. The repository at http://www.bitbucket.org/cabalistic/ogredeps is the official one we use.
notNullGothik
Gnoblar

Post by notNullGothik »

Thank you Kojack!
Am going to re-compile using the sources from the official repository, hope this will be enough to fix the issue. Keep you up to date.

Edit: it compiled and executed good with official dependencies for me, a bit more steps than before but x64 is running ;)
Zero_Zero
Gnoblar

Post by Zero_Zero »

Using the official Deps didn't work for me. I get the same Ogre Exception 5
Zero_Zero
Gnoblar

Post by Zero_Zero »

Okay I got Ogre 1.8.1 to build with OgreDependencies_MSVC_20120819. It may build with offical Deps. The problem I was having was that C-Make was putting the dependencies in every project instance, so I ignorantly went about taking them out of the ones I thought that didn't need them. C-Make also seems to not put the Ogre lib path into any of the projects. I'm probably not setting up C-Make with Ogre correctly, but in my defense, the C-Make build documentations for Ogre and it's dependencies are pretty confusing...
Zero_Zero
Gnoblar

Post by Zero_Zero »

Transporter: I have seen that topic thread, and I will probably end up building OgreMain again with one of your Dep packages. Thanks for your support :)
ivador
Gnoblar

Post by ivador »

Hello. I have a problem. I would like to execute "SampleBrowser.exe" but I can´t find it! Could you help me, please?