JXL/WebP Support

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Post Reply
User avatar
FranticDreamer
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:11 am

JXL/WebP Support

Post by FranticDreamer »

I've been using Ogre3D for the custom renderer I'm developing for Half-Life, and it's going great so far.

One feature that I would like to have is JXL and/or WebP support for lossless textures. For my setup, I mainly use PNG for the textures since JPEG and DX5 compression ruin my low-res textures' fidelity. But this approach is a bit disk-heavy.

These formats might not be optimal for texture streaming, but in my case, since I use only pre-cached textures, the overhead is not that problematic.

This request might be a bit "nitpicky", but I think it would be nice to see these as options.

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:51 pm
x 1264
Contact:

Re: JXL/WebP Support

Post by paroj »

The rust image codec does support webp

User avatar
FranticDreamer
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:11 am

Re: JXL/WebP Support

Post by FranticDreamer »

Didn't know that. Thanks!

Post Reply