Don't let animation tracks modify manual controlled bones

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
oiking
Kobold

Don't let animation tracks modify manual controlled bones

Post by oiking »

What about restricting Animations to not apply their "animation" (rotation, translation etc..) if their referencing bone is manually controlled?

This would make dynamic / procedural animation a lot easier as you could switch back to canned animation all the time (I need to destroy alle animation tracks for a bone i wish to control manually).

Another point: What about having a weight factor, just as for the animations, for the manual controlled values, so you can easily mix-in some dynamic movement?

I'm going to implement this for our project as we do need some dynamic motions on top of our motion-captured animations, so i'm happy to provide a patch for the Eihort version if it's requested.
Kukanani
Halfling

Post by Kukanani »

I really like this idea. The fact that bones will still animate themselves if they are set to be "manually controlled" is contradictory.

The weight idea is great too. +1

--"Kuk"
Grammar is the greatest joy in life, don't you find?

--Aunt Josephine in The Wide Window
subquantum
Goblin

Post by subquantum »

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39510

Not quite sure what the status is on the patch, but I've used it before to much success :) (to take manual control of a character's arm while holding a weapon, and give it back to animation when dropped)
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

Skeletal blend masks are implemented in 1.6 already.