Shader Library

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Dakiar
Halfling

Shader Library

Post by Dakiar »

I have a suggestion to make, I found a lot of ogre shaders on the forum, and also on other places of the internet, why not create a shader library or some such, for example in the wiki where people can post their own shaders, including descriptions etc, in this way the quality of OGRE would improve a lot, without so much work, except from people in the community who contribute their shaders? Maybe with possibilty to comment and rate each shader etc.

I think this would be great for OGRE. Is their any reason it hasn't been done?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Shader Library

Post by spacegaier »

Well, just go ahead and start it. However, this was tried before, but never really done. I think it is already enough to put your working shaders in the wiki. I was thinking about restructuring and making an own page for them once there are some (more than simple orange shaders ;) ).

Have a look at these threads:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... collection
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Isn't the wiki a good place to put shaders in? A specific section with a page for each shader would be nice.
But it's a lot of work for sure.
ShadeOgre
Gremlin

Post by ShadeOgre »

This is a huge idea - for me it doesn't matter whether it is in wiki or somewhere else -> but I would prefer a structured wiki to allow anybody to post, but I would require a status info front of the shader about the tests were made with it -> e.g. somebody just picked it in a forum, or use it for years in AAA games.