hasListener in MaterialManager

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Error Handler
Halfling

hasListener in MaterialManager

Post by Error Handler »

This would be quite useful when several instances of a class that uses G-Buffers are in use, but there is no need for more than one class to be a listener for scheme handling. The alternative option would be to make a a manager class or static variable for these instances, but that seems silly when a small change to the source would suffice.
Two overloads could be available - one for checking whether a listener for a scheme exists (simply does a find on the listener map), and another that takes the same parameters as addListener that checks whether a specific listener is attached (mainly for completeness).
This would be quite simple to patch, though I have no experience of patch creation/submission or Mercurial (or SVN for that matter). Where might I find a tutorial for this?

Thanks
mukik182
Halfling

Re: hasListener in MaterialManager

Post by mukik182 »

Both svn and Mercurial have the ability to produce patch files. Here you have the OGRE guide, in which should be explained how to produce a patch with mercurial.

http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/OGREDeveloperGuide.pdf

The recommended way is, I think, to download the latest from mercurial repository, work over it, produce patch and post it at sourceforge's patch tracker. Thanks for improving OGRE.