Listener for particle script naming collisions

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Listener for particle script naming collisions

Post by spacegaier » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:24 pm

We already have the possibility to get notified on resource naming collisions for materials (ResourceLoadListener::resourceCollision()). However for particle scripts it seems that that method is not working, since they are processed differently. I also could not find any other way to get notified on particle naming issues.

So, I would request/propose to either get notified via the same listener if a particle script problem occurs or introduce a totally new listener. I will propably provide a patch for that once I find the time, but want to discuss that with you upfront before I start working on it.

Any comments/ideas? Is there perhaps already this functionality somewhere and if not which approach should I take?
0 x
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Listener for particle script naming collisions

Post by spacegaier » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am

No comments = no objections = I will submit a patch :twisted: .
0 x
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...