OGRE and Quad Buffer Stereo

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
crefvik
Kobold

Re: OGRE and Quad Buffer Stereo

Post by crefvik »

Hey Ally,

Sorry for the wait, but I fixed the Direct3D 9 implementation as well. You should now be able to specify stereo via the configuration dialog or using the window parameters.

Please let me know if you see any more issues.

Take care,
Christian
AllyBarrow
Gnoblar

Post by AllyBarrow »

Hey Christian,

That's great ,thanks! Will check out the latest version.

Best,
Ally
acorn
Gnoblar

Post by acorn »

Hello Christian,

I have been using your patch with great success. It looks like your code has now been merged into the main OGRE development tree (?). Can you comment on which OGRE versions/branches the stereo patch is available in and whether it still requies a build option to enable it?

Thanks again for writing the stereo support!
-Acorn
malice
Gnoblar

Post by malice »

Hey everyone,

first of all I'd also like to thank you very much for your work, Christian. Setting it up was straightforward and everything works like a charm with my application.

Some things I could not yet figure out though (note I'm not that experienced with Ogre to begin with):
  • is there a way to determine whether the quad buffer stereo is currently available? If there is, how would one accomplish that? (I'm currently testing this by calling the rendersystems setDrawBuffer() method with CBT_BACK_RIGHT).
  • I have two different background images, one for each eye to be seen (simply drawn to a rectangle in the background as described in the wiki). Is it even possible to achieve something like this, i.e. have the background texture depend on the viewport? Resolved using visibility masks.
In addition to that I'd like to join acorn with his question regarding which stereo version is recommended. I'm currently using Christians branch of Ogre and the dependencies.

Many thanks in advance! ;)
Alex.
abhisrn
Gnoblar

Post by abhisrn »

Hello Christian,

Could you please post an Ogre example code for z space (including the tracking).

Thanks in advance,
Abhishek