Adding HLA to Ogre3d

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Junglee
Gnoblar

Adding HLA to Ogre3d

Post by Junglee »

i have started working with Ogre3d recently and i noticed that HLA is not supported by it, and after researching i found that there are some projects which are built using HLA and Ogre3d.
we have many middlewares like OpenRTI , CERTI and HLAproxy etc
... these can be integrated in any of the Engines and we can use it even in Ogre3d also (Working on the same), so it'll be a plus point for Ogre3d if it supports HLA.

so think about it. 8)

Regards,
Jung Lee. :)
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Adding HLA to Ogre3d

Post by spacegaier »

Not understanding this second thread. You are already discussing the same topic here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79571

Or is that your request that someone other than you should step forward and put in the effort?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

spacegaier wrote:Not understanding this second thread. You are already discussing the same topic here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79571

Or is that your request that someone other than you should step forward and put in the effort?
I think he like to have HLA in the main Ogre package, because this topic is written in feature request forum.
Junglee wrote:... so it'll be a plus point for Ogre3d if it supports HLA.

so think about it. 8)
You can integrate a lot of middleware and libraries into your local Ogre projects but this stuff will not be part of the official release. HLA is networking stuff which is not a part of the object orientated rendering engine. Feel free to integrate it in a sample project or a plugin and create a posting in the wiki to share your knowledge with other people.

so think about it. 8)
Junglee
Gnoblar

Post by Junglee »

Sorry for such a long gap.
Thanks spacegaier and Transporter for your reply.