Hosting Ogre3d's source code

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
paul424
Gnome

Hosting Ogre3d's source code

Post by paul424 »

Hello , could you give link at your main site to http://code.metager.de/source/xref/ogre ... reRoot.cpp ...
So one can read the code online with all the bells and whistles this site provides ?
Transporter
Minaton

Re: Hosting OGre3d's source code

Post by Transporter »

I didn't understand your question. The source code is located at https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Sure , but you cannot jump back and forth with it.
kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

mpreisler on IRC | CEGUI team member, CEGUI Unified Editor developer, OISB founder
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Qrde, one cannot, you can only jump to method's/ function's descritiption in doxygen doc. But nothing more ...
Herb
Orc

Post by Herb »

Sounds like there's some different doxygen flags in your generation that you find helpful. Maybe if you know which flags you're using you can share them. If the community finds it useful, I would think the ogre team could re-gen the doxygen with new/modified flags. I'm just not sure what exactly you're meaning with jumping back and forth still...
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

If you check the link in the original post, it's a web based code analysis tool. AFAIK most people are using their IDE / doxygen docs for this task. The problem with linking to this, as with many things, is who maintains it?

Also I think the right question to ask is "Would anyone find this useful?" and not "Can you please link this from the main site?". If everyone says yes to the first question, the second question won't even need to get asked, it will just happen.
Herb
Orc

Post by Herb »

yeah, I didn't check the link... Now that I do, this is a tool I'm not familiar with... Well, agree with you c6burns on the "question" change. I personally think the doxygen output already up is sufficient for the community. You can always use tools on your own for more analysis.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

I agree with the previous comments that the community needs to specify if the current doxygen output is enough or not.

If more elaborate flags for our doxygen output are requested, please create a matching pull-request. The doxygen config file is part of the Ogre source: <source_path>/docs/src/html.cfg

I will then take care of re-generating and uploading newer versions.

@paul24: Who is maintaining that metager.de website? The university of Hannover? Does that tool automatically pull in the latest source code to stay up-to-date? Does it handles multiple branches?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

spacegaier wrote:I agree with the previous comments that the community needs to specify if the current doxygen output is enough or not.
I think Doxygen is enough for that case. Maybe it would be a good idea to upload all three API docs: 1.9, 1.10 and 2.0

The code documentation is not that problem, the API doc is also included in SDKs. But we need a new documentation and new tutorials for 1.9+!
paul424
Gnome

Re: Hosting Ogre3d's source code

Post by paul424 »

spacegaier: This is some long running german research company providing meta search engine https://metager.de/impressum/ By some reason they are hosting this projects' source code : https://metager.de/faq/ . Is seems to be no answer IN the FAQ how the new projects are added , but my german is ziemlisch schlecht ...
EDIT : Well it uses the OpenGrok software : http://opengrok.github.io/OpenGrok/ I don't say you must depend of the aforementioned site; it would be just handy to have this source code browser ... :) .