GLX_* in OgreCore.zip

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
fog
Greenskin

GLX_* in OgreCore.zip

Post by fog »

The comment for the Bootstrap section of the standard Samples resources.cfg says that OgreCore.zip is the minimum set of media to work in the Samples framework. On Linux/GLX this is somewhat misleading, i.e., if you use the framework to create an empty window OgreCore.zip is not enough. The GLX platform requires the two GLX_* files. Wouldn't be better to include _all_ the "bootstrap" files in OgreCore.zip?

(Yes, I know GLX_* stuff is not required on windows but they are small and won't add more than some Kb to the archive.)
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

The win32 Platform Manager integrates its images via a resource inside the DLL instead of an external image file. Maybe GLX should use a similar approach?
Although putting it in OgreCore is a possibility as well. I'm not sure what is best.
fog
Greenskin

Post by fog »

:wumpus: wrote:The win32 Platform Manager integrates its images via a resource inside the DLL instead of an external image file. Maybe GLX should use a similar approach?
I suppose one can just convert the images to xpm "include" format and then suck it in the GLX sources. I can produce a patch and post it to SF if you like this approach better.
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

I was personally thinking of still encoding them as pngs in include format, as we can use the codec anyway no matter where the resource data came from :) This might save some executable space.

But yeah, that might not matter much and compilcated replacing the images by your own. xpm include format sounds good too.
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

fog wrote: I suppose one can just convert the images to xpm "include" format and then suck it in the GLX sources. I can produce a patch and post it to SF if you like this approach better.
Did you ever get around to this?
fog
Greenskin

Unfortunately...

Post by fog »

Mm.. not yet. I converted the png to a pixmap and looked at the code but still haven't produced something working. I was pretty busy with pyogre lately. I'll probably post something this weekend.
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Hm, the XPM conversion is ugly. (it makes it a paletted image!) I think I'll just go for the png-embedding way.