[Feature] OpenGL Quad Buffer patch

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
88Alex88
Gnoblar

Re: [Feature] OpenGL Quad Buffer patch

Post by 88Alex88 »

How can I get the source code needed to apply this patch (which revision)? And how can I exactly apply it? I guess I need to use Mercurial (TortoiseHg on Windows)?

I want to test this patch with my Stereo-Ready Ogre App. It's already working with polarized stereo and I would really want to test it with the active stereo that we have.

Thanx :)
LarrxX

Post by LarrxX »

There's a link to the patch in the first post, which points to this page. But it only patches the Windows rendering system. If you want to use it under Linux, you'll have to manually patch the correct files using my code above.
88Alex88
Gnoblar

Post by 88Alex88 »

LarrxX wrote:There's a link to the patch in the first post, which points to this page. But it only patches the Windows rendering system. If you want to use it under Linux, you'll have to manually patch the correct files using my code above.
Yeah, I downloaded the patch, and the other patch needed (the camera listener patch), but when I try to apply them to the source code (I selected the revision 3148) the first patch works (the camera listener patch) but the quatbuffer patch doesnt (tortoiseHg throws "patch failed to apply"). I guess it is because I selected the wrong revision, so, which one is it?

Thanx for the fast answer :)
LarrxX

Post by LarrxX »

Can't help you there sorry, I did this so long ago (and if I remember well I think I'd patched my version manually because of the same problem you're having).
88Alex88
Gnoblar

Post by 88Alex88 »

Ok, thank you anyway :)

Lets see if someone else has the answer :D
Nodrev
Gremlin

Post by Nodrev »

Wow, I didn't saw all that activity on this post (notification removed?), glad to see that it works with GLX :)
About the mercurial patch error, I should re-generate a new one those days that merges Windows & GLX solutions, it will be simpler to apply (and I think that I made a correction on the GL detection that is not in the patch).
Nodrev
Gremlin

Post by Nodrev »

The patch file had been updated on [s]Sourceforge[/s]<edit>Jira</edit> patch tracker (<edit>[s]https://sourceforge.net/p/ogre/patches/1398/[/s]https://ogre3d.atlassian.net/browse/OGRE-143</edit>). It includes LarrxX's GLX support.
I do not have tested GLX version myself, so I wish I do not made any mistake while copying LarrxX's changes...
About the patch issue while applying it, it's a problem related to TortoiseHg configuration. For my part, I resolved the problem by deleting my local repository, then I went to "Hg Global Settings", "Extensions", deactivating "Win32text" module, and replacing it by "eol" module, then cloning Ogre's repository again and applying the patch! More informations about this issue here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=76384
Sandaruwan KD
Gnoblar

Post by Sandaruwan KD »

Hi,
I am from University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri Lanka. One of our computer science students is doing to stitch two 3D ready visual streams.
We Have Viewsonic PJD7383 3D projectors and Viewsonic shutter glasses
http://www1.viewsonic.com/products/proj ... jd7383.htm
We have to GORE 3D for generate 3D support visual streams because we have develop several VR applications with OGRE 3D.
Is it possible to do this task with OpenGL Quad Buffer patch? What are the possible problems?

regards
Sandaruwan
Nodrev
Gremlin

Post by Nodrev »

As I tell you in PM, the main constraint of Quad buffer is your hardware, you must have a QuadBuffer compliant CG card (NVidia Quadro, ATI FireGL).