Breaking changes in 2.0

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
ZWabbit
Gnoblar

Breaking changes in 2.0

Post by ZWabbit »

So I know it's still early in the development cycle for 2.0 and I'm likely being a tad too brave/stupid in trying to use it, but is there any documentation about what stuff is getting shifted around short of trying to search the commit logs? The comments in the headers document some of the changes but there are others they've missed. For example, RenderWindow/RenderTarget's addViewport function lost the camera argument and Viewport lost the setBackgroundColour method outright. And I'd like to just head off recommendations to stick with 1.9 and etc, I'm aware that it would make my life considerably easier, but there are several specific features on the 2.0 roadmap that I want to take advantage of and am thus willing to go through the pain of an unstable API and if need be search through commit logs to track changes.
cord
Halfling

Re: Breaking changes in 2.0

Post by cord »

Read the [GSOC 2013 - accepted] Ogre 2.0 thread. There's a LibreOffice Writer document that outlines the breaking changes.