Minor update to Ogre exporter for Maya

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
gmueckl
Halfling

Minor update to Ogre exporter for Maya

Post by gmueckl »

Hi!

The attached patch is a minor update to the Maya exporter included in the Ogre tools. Some minor changes were required to make it work with Ogre 1.9. I can now confirm that it basically works with Maya 2014 and Maya 2015 on Windows. So far I have tested the export of meshes, materials and skeletal animations. Vertex animations and blend shapes are untested.

Given that the Maya API did not change since the exporter was last updated I believe that it will work with about any recent version of Maya if you manage to compile Ogre itself with the compiler required by the respective version of Maya.

The patch does not included updated Visual Studio project files as I cannot figure out how to update them in a way that lets users build the plugin out of the box. The required updates to the project files are relatively trivial, anyway.

Regards
Gregor
Attachments
maya-exporter-fix.patch
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

scrawl
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: Minor update to Ogre exporter for Maya

Post by scrawl »

Patches to the repository should be posted as a pull request on BitBucket, see http://www.ogre3d.org/developers/submit-patch

gmueckl
Halfling

Re: Minor update to Ogre exporter for Maya

Post by gmueckl »

No.

The patch in its current form has obvious shortcomings that I have outlined in the post. I am fairly certain that my changes are not good enough for inclusion. Unfortunately, I cannot spend more time on it. So this is the right place to post it so someone else can pick it up and finalize it.

This may break your rules, but I'm sticking to this for now.