Should Prefabs not have any material assigned ?

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Should Prefabs not have any material assigned ?

Post by Mind Calamity »

Thus crashing OGRE if they're rendered without calling setMateria/setMaterialName.

Here's the issue I'm referring to (including reproduction code): https://ogre3d.atlassian.net/browse/OGRE-467
Last edited by Mind Calamity on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt

c6burns
Beholder

Re: Should Prefabs not have any material assigned ?

Post by c6burns »

That's interesting that I've never noticed the issue. I create planes all the time, but I always assign a material. The tutorials always do as well. This could be easily fixed ... I guess BaseWhite or BaseWhiteNoLighting is the material that's guaranteed to exist (it's the default material for a BillboardChain for example ... they get created in MaterialManager::initialise)

Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Well this is awkward, I forgot to include the link to the issue. :lol:

And yeah, it's really weird it went unnoticed/unfixed for such a long time, it's just simple material assignment to one of those 2 materials.
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Will be fixed soon...once the respective pull-request (https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... issue-467/) is matching our guide lines, I will merge it in.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...